Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not too long ago there was a post about someone asking which cat to buy. I've searched through like 10 pages with the keyword, "Catalytic Converter" and haven't found it.

Well, i'm looking for a 3 inch cat replacement. Nothing fancy, just one that does the job and will get me through emissions. What I noticed is that a drop in cat such as the RT/Exhaust Depot ones are 180+USD... that's too much for me.
I've seen magnaflow ones for around 60 USD (13inch is the shortest one i've found from them), but they are too long. Stock one is 11 3/8 inches long from what i've found.
Another brand I've seen is Catco from Summit. They run around 60-80 USD aswell...

These cheaper ones seem like a bargain, but after taking them to an exhaust shop and welding flanges onto it etc etc etc, how much would you think i'd be looking at?

Anyone got a preference for those "bargain" 3 inch Universal Cats?

·
Registered
130 Posts
ive got the TMS cat. solid piece. i dont have to do emissions in my state so i cant really say what it does for emissions. but it will pass a visual inspection. that it the only one ive used. car still passes gas at WOT so it flows well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i guess i didnt read your whole post before i replied. one of the reasons i went with the TMS cat was because the flanges came pre-welded and i knew it would work for the car. it just made the whole process much easier.

·
Registered
527 Posts
magnaflow....i paid like 80 shipped for the cat then the shop charged me 50....but that included welded on flanges for the cat and attaching a tanabe catback.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
bought a RT 4" cat, if you have a 3" system maybe flare out a peice of 3" to fit the 4" and weld it in you shouldn't loose much power at all.

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
I'd go with a Catco hiflow I thought you could pick them up for $30-40

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
Test Pipe!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts