Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a boost controller out there that will run whatever boost I preset? I hate have to fiddle with knobs, then go make a 4th gear pull to see if it's set correctly (hard to do @ the track). I want to enter in xx psi and then know thats what I'm getting (or bar or kpa or whatever).

Thanks!

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
The only one I know of that actually works is called the HKS EVC Pro V (I think), its a $700+ unit that comes with a temp sensor and everything. HPF used to sell them but now I cannot seem to find them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
greddy profec e-01. its what i run.. and it works fucking great! got alot of options for boost. and you can even tune how the boost comes on. whether it his all at once. or there is a slower build

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Hows the Profec-B spec II. It seems simple, but does it do the trick?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
get the 1st gen profec, it works the best! However, a manual boost controller will do better with internal wastegates(stock). The manual seems to have better control over boost spike than the electric-that's been my experience anyway(ten years of it LOL)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
What about the Blitz SBC-iD III?

·
2,275 Posts
doesnt the apexi avc-r do the same thing as well?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all i want is a way to enter in boost. i know hks made a EVC ATM which used a temp sensor and stuff, but i don't need that. i want a display that lets you enter in xx.x psi and it automatically sets it to that.

later!

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Pete_Howard said:
all i want is a way to enter in boost. i know hks made a EVC ATM which used a temp sensor and stuff, but i don't need that. i want a display that lets you enter in xx.x psi and it automatically sets it to that.

later!

You need to get the Blitz SBC-ID II then. You set the boost level you want in bar or psi, and it regulates. Other units like the E-01, AVC-R, and EVC5 require you to establish a base boost map aka learning curve prior to running a selected boost map. The Blitz is simpler, although not as accurate and a little more prone to spiking if you turn the gain up too much.

I know a lot of guys love the E-01 and the AVC-r. I've tried them all except the EVC 5. I currently run a new profec B spec II, and it's O.K... I like the Blitz the best because it's the simplest to run and a slick display. The E-01 display is just too big and not convient for mounting. What I don't like about the profec B spec II is that it likes to spike, and it's duty cycle controlled only. It doesn't have a "preset" boost and go. It's not that smart.

Get a Blitz if you want simple.

- Hams.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
He he he.... i've got a Blitz SBC-iDIII Black In Hand Brand NEW!!! I have literally taken this thing out of the box and looked at it, put it back in and set it on the shelf.

I'll be selling it as Soon as my car starts. Should be by the end of this week. If you're interested Pete, PM me and we can work out a price.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAMS,

On the EVC5, that has direct boost input? As far as the base map goes on that, do you need to run a base map "test" every time you change your boost setting? For example, if I'm running 10psi and now I want to run 16psi, do I need to recalibrate it, or is the base map calibration a once and done thing?

I've owned a lot of different boost controllers, but vow that my next one will be direct boost capable.

BigT, PM sent.

Thanks!

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Everytime you change your setting on the evc5, you have to confirm your baseline setting of the stock boost curve. So in short, YES, if you change from 10 to 16, you'd have to confirm the stock boost curve again.

- Hams.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Blitz ID is real easy. You get the presets, or you can just turn the knob for a quick 2 psi more.

I had the Blitz ID and the Power Meter, it was fun to have both there and do power dyno runs, time trials etc. I don't know if it was worth the asking price though. The blitz screen is hard to read at a glance during the day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts