Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says im looking for a car...a cheap car at that. Its for my girlfriend and with our work situations and having kids to tote around having one car that only seats 4 isnt working!! We need something cheap as a second car...doesnt have to be perfect but reliable, well reliable for more than a few months..lol. I really dont want to have to sale my car to get something bigger for us but if it comes down to it ill do it. Damn i should of never sold the se-r now...lol!! Oh well, who woulda thought it would of been needed so abdly right now.

So if anyone has something let me know, we would prefer it to be auto because she doesnt know how to drive a 5 spd...but im sure we can work on that if need be.....oh and i guess just to throw it out there i have a 87 supra with a JDM engine installed with less than 5000 miles put on it since install. Car is white with blue interior...id say it is an 8 out of 10 in overall condition with the only problems being stupid small door dings really!!! I wouldnt mind giving it up for an suv or something like that.......

all offers will be considered so if you have something but dont think id consider it, throw it out there i may surprise ya :)

oh and if its not running i may still consider it depending on what needs to be done to it...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have a 91 4 door civic I will be selling. might be exactly what you are looking for. It is Auto, I just put 4 new tires, front pads and new rotors, new front struts along with an alignment. I still have to take out the back H&R springs and put in the stock ones but I already did the front. I will be smogging it hopefully this week. I have been using it as my daily driver. I am asking $1500 firm though cause of the $400 I have just put into it. I live in San Diego if you wnt to check it out.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well we were kinda looking for something a little cheaper at the moment but ill keep it in mind.....

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
cheaper than $1500 and reliable:lol:, thats going to be a hard one to find.

·
Registered
199 Posts
cnewingham's got a point there. You're either paying for parts or making payments when it comes to cars. Try recycler.com. I got my supra there for $700.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yea i know thats a hard combination to find..lol...being reliable and cheap and all. But not impossible, I got my sentra se-r for 950 with a newly installed jdm engine and nothing wrong with it other than a little body damage so im holding out hope, that and if i have to do some minor things to it im ok with that....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
cnewingham said:
cheaper than $1500 and reliable:lol:, thats going to be a hard one to find.
Bump! Believe it or not but for $1,500 you can easily find a cheap and reliable vehicle. It's going to be a real shit bucket but nothing limo tint can't handle right?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol..yea not to worried about apperances right now...plus with the limo tint, whos going to see me driving it anyways..lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you need to be more worried about your childrens safety.I had a friend that had an old cvcc and it was reliable but I would never have carted my children around in because even though it was reliable it was still not safe. But yeah I remember the se-r you had. it was pretty nice, in fact I tried talking my wife into letting me buy it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i regret getting rid of the SE-R....but thats life i suppose?!?! still on the look for a car however...this sucks...lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
My civic just passed smog and it is ready to go if you change your mind. I am going to advertise it next week in the autotrader.

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
I would def search for possibly a toyota starlet... super cheap.. great gas milage.. reliable.. and if anything did break.. super cheap to fix and super easy to work on since its carburated. I got mine for 1k and she still runnin like a champ. Thats my daily driver.. and I let my supra rest in my garage :p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
teach your kids to run really fast or fly and your problem is fixed. oh yea, i just saved u a shitload of gas money with that idea

^currently under the influence so it makes sense to me, not sure if youll understand

·
Banned
455 Posts
760Supra said:
as the title says im looking for a car...a cheap car at that. Its for my girlfriend and with our work situations and having kids to tote around having one car that only seats 4 isnt working!! We need something cheap as a second car...doesnt have to be perfect but reliable, well reliable for more than a few months..lol. I really dont want to have to sale my car to get something bigger for us but if it comes down to it ill do it. Damn i should of never sold the se-r now...lol!! Oh well, who woulda thought it would of been needed so abdly right now.

So if anyone has something let me know, we would prefer it to be auto because she doesnt know how to drive a 5 spd...but im sure we can work on that if need be.....oh and i guess just to throw it out there i have a 87 supra with a JDM engine installed with less than 5000 miles put on it since install. Car is white with blue interior...id say it is an 8 out of 10 in overall condition with the only problems being stupid small door dings really!!! I wouldnt mind giving it up for an suv or something like that.......

all offers will be considered so if you have something but dont think id consider it, throw it out there i may surprise ya :)

oh and if its not running i may still consider it depending on what needs to be done to it...
HAve a jeep for sell 1k good around town car only thing its stick...let me know thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts