Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to test some new features.

We have a new version of AEMdata that supports Video import/export with overlay. It allows a user to import a video file and sync it with their logged data, allowing data analysis that includes a video component. The video file can come from any source but we are assuming most will come from GoPro's.

But, the really new feature is the ability for a user to overlay gauges onto the video and then export the video with the new graphics included. This would create a new video with dynamic gauges, bar graphs, readouts, images, etc on the screen for you to upload to forums, youtube, facebook, whatever.

We are looking for a few users who already use AEMdata with their Infinity ECU, Series-2 (or 1) ECU or an AQ-1 datalogger, and who currently data log and take videos, preferably with HD cameras (GoPro Hero etc...) to test this out. No street driving, no illegal garbage, Dyno or track use only.

We have been using it in house for a while now and it is stable enough to let a few more people play with it.

If you are interested email me at jromero at aempower dot com with your setup. preferably with links to videos you already have made. Also, let me know your specific ECU or logger. It it matches with our needs I'll let you know.

Thanks

·
Heeb Tuner
762 Posts
Can you use AEM data with the older V1 datalogs?

-Sam

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you use AEM data with the older V1 datalogs?

-Sam
You can use some of the features but not all. The older file format from the Series 1 (*.stf) can't be used with the new AEMdata math channels or a few other advanced features. to have full access to all the AEMdata features you need a log file from a Series 2 or Infinity ECU or from an AQ-1 datalogger.

·
Registered
282 Posts
An integrated solution for video overlay sounds fantastic. I've tried using "Dashware" software to add overlays to my GoPro track/dyno videos, but unfortunately it didn't accept my Infinity log files.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An integrated solution for video overlay sounds fantastic. I've tried using "Dashware" software to add overlays to my GoPro track/dyno videos, but unfortunately it didn't accept my Infinity log files.
I used Dashware to make my overlay videos as well. It is really powerful but it is a pain to use. Nothing is easy with it. Even the simplest thing is still like pulling teeth. That was one of the driving reasons behind this update to AEMdata.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
John, I sent you an email. I've been using SnagIt to capture the gauges and Cyberlink PowerDirector to bring the videos together. It would be great to use one program to do all this. Glad ya'll are adding this functionality! Forgot to mention in the email that I use an old Aiptek HD camcorder that creates a h.264 file with .mov extension. AEM V2. I can convert the video files to a different format with the Cyberlink program if AEMData can't use it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a quick video I did of the roadster. It only uses a few of the overlay elements but you can get the idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts