Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im looking for someone in the NorthWest that is has a good reputation with an AEM standalone, the car isn't a Supra, it's a 347 N/A fox body stang. Anyway I know John Reed looks like he is extremely busy, I can't seem to find a way to get ahold of Tim (from old Rrev shop). Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I asked the same question a month back in Centralia. There were two people that came up. Bill and John Reed. issue is that to get a hold of John Reed requires that you have fantastic cans/money maker, and enough money to cure squirrel AIDS. Bill has a good rep, and I've seen cars he's tuned plus from what I hear he's actually available.

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
LOL, getting John Reed locked down to a date and time is pretty damned hard (I've tried and failed). As for Bill, yes he actually is available and you can actually get a hold of him fairly easily. He has his own shop in Langley. Ask UpgradedSupra, he'll tell you just how good Bill really is. I'm shooting you a PM with the shop info. Even with the exchange rate and the 12% sales tax his shop rate is still a hell of a deal and his work is high quality.

Adam

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Actually John Reed replied to me in an e-mail and said he could do it as soon as tomorrow, but he will be going on vacation on the weekend for 4th of July and could do it again after the 11th, he offered some good info for me and we would probably use him but my friend can't take his car over until next week and we need it before the 9th of July. I heard really good things about English Racing so we are going to take the car there, if John was available for the dates we needed him we would use him for sure, based on how good he really is at tuning.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a miracle to say the least. Are you going to the 2011 PacNW Supra Nationals this year? If so I'll introduce you to Bill.
When and where? Do you have to drive an import or a supra to race at the nationals? I am currently racing a chevrolet monza for bracket racing, my MR2 needs some work before I can take it out again. I think if we were closer to Canada then we would probably go there but were in the south eastern part of Washington and Portland is just closer.

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
It's in the Langley, B.C. area July 15-17th, starting at Mission Raceway on the 15th. No you do not have to have a Supra to participate. See my sig for more details. It's too bad you aren't on the western part of Washington.

Umm, WTF just happened to my post? Did I manage to hit some magic button to make that random ass phrase be inserted?

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
john reed is probably the best tuner known to man.

in my opinion if you want him you gotta trick him into being in portland and then stalk him, which is really hard with a loud mkiv. he always hears you.

also what the heck does this say:

See my Call mom if found for more details.
i dont have your moms number or i would definitely call. sorry man

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
mr2cam, sorry we weren't able to connect up a date.

These threads come up all too often, though there is never much of a different answer/solution I guess.

I can be hard to reach, that will never change I don't think. I am not an elitist, far from it. The car doesn't matter to me, nor the budget of the owner. I do have to survive though so I have to spend most of my time where the steady/reliable income is. Bigger shops have come and gone, and while I am lacking in many things that a shop has to offer (no staff to man the phones/emails/front desk) staying small has kept me alive and in the market doing what I do best: wiring and tuning. I have been doing quite a bit more local tuning again lately due to changes in my overall work flow (and my attempt to slow my on the road schedule down to salvage some sort of family life) so that probably has been the change noted in reaching me lately. I won't promise I am easy to find, but maybe easier? LOL :)

I should be at PacNW this year, and am looking very forward to it. Hope to see everyone there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.