Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PPI PC4400 amp and I'm looking for a good mid-range set of seperates. I've ran MB Quart References in my previous cars. My only complaint is that the highs are a little too sharp. Is there anything out there better for the Supra? I wanted to see what else is out there in that same price/quality range you guys could recommend.

Thanks,
John

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
what's your price range? I know you said MB's but they varied. Yeah their tweeters were kinda sharp...and their stuff now has gone in the crapper.

Diamond makes some nice sounding components as does Focal and JL (ZR series). I have focals in my car and absolutely love them. I want to upgrade the fronts again to either a set of older Utopias or the new K2 Powers and move my front components(130V2) to the rear :D

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I'll agree, my MB Quarts are pretty bright, I still need to get around to turning down the tweeters. I really like the JL's. I've heard two sets of the three way ZR's and they blew me away with the midbass and vocals. MB Quart stuff has gone to crap since they were bought out by Fosgate, now everything is made in china.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My price range is around $400. I wouldnt mind getting something used, but better quality.

Strange, how long ago were they bought by fosgate? I read they were bought out by Crunch, but still kept their manufacturing plant in Germany.

·
Let's go Phils
624 Posts
focal 165v2s all the way.................mb quart is owned by maxxsonics now, crucnch, hi fonics, mb quart what a treo.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Focal utopia's - Bostpn Z's - or even Boston Pro's

·
1,922 Posts
minguezCD said:
Focal utopia's

he said "reasonable" Chris ;)

I want the set of utopia's we have soooooooooooo bad

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
88supramkiii said:
he said "reasonable" Chris ;)

I want the set of utopia's we have soooooooooooo bad
:bigthumb: pro's are reasonable :bigthumb: wanna buy my utopia's??? I was thinkin of goin Z's

·
1,922 Posts
i'd love to man...but after my newest purchase i doubt i would be able to afford them ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
elemental designs edi6500s or some CDT eurosports... have both and love both. currently have the eDis in my supra and they sound amaizing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts