Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard a few people speaking bout getting turbos for excellent prices. Well im almost ready for it and would like to get it ordered and rolling. I have a wholesale account with turbonetics but from what i have seen nothing but junk has come from there. Please do help out a fellow supra owner looking ot run 30 psi and hoping to hit the mid to high 500's mark. Project should be done in a month or so
thanks everybody

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check is a coming...:):):)
i want to also say thank you for dealing with my delays. life has been nothing short of hectic and today was my first chance to breathe. all my supras are gone and now its my turn. i will catch up with everything this week and the funds will be out by friday for sure..:)
thanks agian
p.s i was hoping max could help me out and make some coin also

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YGWYPF is true but if somebody that knows somebody can hook it up and get the same product then life will be all good. I have spent thousands on this car and am just hoping for a deal if i can..
Jeff you know i have spent some good coin with you and have sent some business your way....3 vpcs is the top of the list..:) but i was really hoping i could get some slack with the turbo. Max hasnt replied to me yet but im hoping and waiting...:)
Keep up the good work Jeff!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
T61supradean said:
Ive heard a few people speaking bout getting turbos for excellent prices. Well im almost ready for it and would like to get it ordered and rolling. I have a wholesale account with turbonetics but from what i have seen nothing but junk has come from there. Please do help out a fellow supra owner looking ot run 30 psi and hoping to hit the mid to high 500's mark. Project should be done in a month or so
thanks everybody
Heres one on EBAY
New Garrett T61 turbo
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1812804631&r=0&t=0

·
500Rwhp+ Club Member
270 Posts
Dean, why with all the built engine changes are you doing to that 7MGTE why are for just looking for a T-61?
You have spent much $ anyway why not go the T-66 or SP route and build a 600Rwhp car like ULTRA7
If I had the money that's what I'd do to my ride

·
2,279 Posts
Hey, sorry bout the delay. Been working on my car and my buddies GN pretty much non stop the last two weeks.

Actualy I saw quite afew turbos today. We went to pick up a ball bearing T70 for one of the GNs and a T66 for another one. Dick (the guy with the turbo hook ups) keeps on trying to get me to mount this experimental T66 he's got. I swear he's the devil. He knows good and well my tranny isnt beefed up yet and it would spit my backend 500 ft behind me. haha, that new one was crazy would flow a grand to the wheels on a gn.

wow got off track... Anyways I'll be picking up a T61 this month from him. I'll get his contact info for you and tell him your interested in getting a turbo.

I've kinda been thinking about a 63, but I've only got the mhg for engine "beef up" so i dont know if i should go much higher. Ya'll think i should go up one (already got the supporting mods. fuel, intercooler, will have the tranny beefed very shortly, etc)

·
2JZA70
2,533 Posts
Jeff, Im glad you switched to Innovative. they are the SH!T. I got a ball bearing GT76 from them and the quality is way beyond that of turbonetics. It even came with a 3.5 in outlet machined into the exhaust housing instead of the standard welded on tangental flanges. they are worth the extra cash

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i want a reliable fast spooling monster. im doing everything hte right way but i dont want to push the envelope. im still considering a 63 but i want fast spool and i want fast power at 20 psi. this will be my daily driver also.
max please keep me informed as im about ready to order this thing up...:)
i need my car rolling in the next 6 weeks total.
thanks

·
THE KING OF BIG TWINS
539 Posts
I know this post is a little late to be responding to, but just for the other people that search this topic.

I know currently SupraStore.com has a T60-1 Turbo Kit w/ EMS package is around $5000 range and w/o EMS its like $3600 or so.

I also believe RPS has one that will work with the factory fuel system and push 550hp, but its not worth it for the $4800, rather get the one from suprastore.com that they designed. But if you look around, the RPS KIT that works with factory fuel system you can actually get for $4200.00 and about $80 S&H charge.

I could be wrong, but I think SP has a kit as well for $4800
www.sound-performance.com

Also try:
-SP Engineering (I think they have the cheapest kit and also from what I have heard from few people its a very good kit for the money. (www.sp-power.com)

-Garage Advance (GarageAdvance.com)

Hopefully this will help someone out!
-Amit B.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
holy shit this thread is ol das your nuts...lol
How did somebody bring this back from august of 2001....hehhe , wow....
I didnt seem to have to much knowledge then but damn funny to see it come back..:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts