Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· CAR > FAMILY
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a strange request, but does anyone have an R154 that they would be willing to let me use for a core? I'd like to get a rebuilt r154 with the martin crawler upgrades since I'm going to be swapping to a single turbo'ed 2jz, but since I can't take the one out of my car I need a spare to send out.

Basically I would get your tranny, send it out for rebuild, once I got it back I would install it on my car, and then I would give you the one that is currently in my car.
I’m looking for one that maybe has bad synchros or doesn’t shift well, if you know there are a bunch of broken parts in it, I don’t think I’ll be able to use it.

My current tranny doesn’t have any problems, I haven’t driven it in a while, but I never had problems with it grinding. It was used on a mostly stock 7mgte and I never dragged the car or did anything like burnouts so the tranny should have a lot of life in it still. I would use mine, but since I don’t have anywhere to leave the car sitting it’s not an option.

Basically this would be for someone who has an r154 lying around that isn’t so great and wants to get a better one for no cost.
If anyone has a spare tranny they would be willing to let me use I would appreciate it, thanks.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
My current tranny doesn’t have any problems, I haven’t driven it in a while, but I never had problems with it grinding. It was used on a mostly stock 7mgte and I never dragged the car or did anything like burnouts so the tranny should have a lot of life in it still. I would use mine, but since I don’t have anywhere to leave the car sitting it’s not an option.
If you dont drive it whats the difference in it sitting with the trans in it or the trans out? Either way its just sitting??? Just asking to clearify since this is kind of an odd request.

· CAR > FAMILY
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s basically inconvenient timing. My car is currently sitting at the shop and it’s supposed to get done this month. The tranny builder also is planning to do the rebuild this month. Since the car has been sitting at the shop, it’s not a problem for me, but since it’s going to have to get moved out when it’s done, then I’ll have to deal with it and I don’t have anywhere I can put it where it can just sit, that and I don’t really have the tools to swap the tranny without the car on a rack.
Since I don’t know how long it will take to rebuild or even when he’ll be ready and I have to move the car out of the shop, it seems a lot more prudent to just try and find a spare tranny rather than sending out the one I have and hoping it gets back in time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.