Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently bought a 2006 evo IX and want to start modding the right way....I have heard of the HP gain by doing turbo back, boost controller, intake and flashing the ecu...What's a sweet turbo back that I can buy that sounds deep & loud but at the same time affordable ? I like the Apexi GT Spec exaust system but they only make it for the evo VIII...whats the difference between the VIII & the IX underneath ? It would really help me to find a EVO VIII / evo IX GURU out there with ALL THE ANSWERS.

thanks
sean

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Most will agree HKS carbon TI is the right one for you. Also, try looking in Evolutionm.net. Its a good source for Evos.

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
https://secure.buschurracing.com/ca...21_63&osCsid=51af673971709338aaaeab75cf79a7e5

This is probably the best way to start IMO. I have been researching for awhile because I am purchasing a IX SE this summer. BR said with the ST-1 package and their FMIC, Hard Pipes, and a proper tune, they have yielded roughly 330awhp on other cars.

The biggest thing I have learned with the Evo is you have to have it properly tuned to get the most out of it. I would do alot of reading on
http://www.forums.evolutionm.net

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Buschur racing is very agressive. You can make some crazy numbers with his kit. Personally I'd prefer Vishnu setup because I like his stylings better. I believe Vishnu comes down to Nyc once a year to tune a few cars. Search around on the forums to get the list. Also If you are just looking for an exhaust right now, I believe for the price and looks... HKS carbon Ti is your best bet. When it comes to other exhausts you are paying more money for the same amount of gains.

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
The Carbon-Ti is a beautiful piece, but you can do alot with the extra your spending on it. The A'Pexi N1 is a piece that I would choose first. And yes, BR is very aggressive but they make the power and have excellent cost and quality. You can't go wrong!

HKS Carbon-Ti

BR TBE with Bullet Muffler

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Man I want a EVO 9.... Seems like everyone buying them shits like hot cakes.

Onzupraa what part of NYC you from. I know quite a few evo guys round queens area. Maybe I'll see you around.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
I like the Espelir JGT500 exhaust, sits flush with the bumper and sounds deep...good quality exhaust which can be had for $420 for the cat-back.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
I've never bought from AMS but I have friends that have and they had good experiences there. I would go there, automotosports.com I think.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Go with Greddy Ti . New go for little over $1000, but you can get a used 1 for around $600. Search Evom.net for sale forum. Greddy gives you best HP gains out of all, wights only $11lb or so, and fitment is great.

Thats what I have, Greddy Ti, Aspec Ti test pipe, and Works 3" downpipe Ceramic coated. While driving in Brooklyn, I use silencer but take it off for racing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Why buy a cat back for over 1000 when you can go to gruppe-s.com and buy a whole TBE for less that $1000...check out the helix exhaust, its awsome alot of ppl like it on evoM..Its deep, loud, and affordable!

And yes people are making around 320-330 awhp with just tbe/boost controller/flash with the IX's

The 03-04 VIII downpipes dont fit on IX's because of the ACD

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Most will agree HKS carbon TI is the right one for you. Also, try looking in Evolutionm.net. Its a good source for Evos.
No they won't.... that thing sounds like crap and is overpriced...

Best gains you will see come from the Greddy Ti, and it's light as hell, but damn it's expensive....

I recommend the JunBL. Extremely high quality, not too loud, very deep tone and then get a DP and a test pipe or high flow cat and you have yourself a great TBE for way under 1000.

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
No they won't.... that thing sounds like crap and is overpriced...
Sorry but the Carbon TI does NOT sound like crap. Try actually talking to more than 1 or 2 evo guys. The price is a fair price but if you think it's expensive I guess it's cuz it's HKS.

I have a friend selling a HKS Carbon TI about 2000 miles on it. Looks almost new. PM me if interested.

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
Carbon-Ti is a good looking exhaust, but if you are after the most power it is a bit on the small side. It isn't a true 3" (or 80mm) all the way thru, but has a few neckdowns. But on the other hand, it isn't crazy loud like the GReddy Ti. If all you are looking for is basic mods, then the Carbon Ti is fine. Evo 8/9 catbacks are the same, its the downpipes that are different. You have to probably stick with a 2.75" DP on a IX (or '05 VIII) because of the ACD so it won't rattle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts