Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so yeah, i'm a proud new member of the supra family (87 turbo) and i'd love to meet up with some of my new siblings. hahaha .. mainly just get some good info on these cars (honda convert here) and maybe get some ideas on what all i can do with her.

so if you're in the area, post up.. maybe if we get a few peeps together we can all go for a cruise or something.

and btw.. here's a pic of my bouncing baby girl. i'm so proud.. ;)

·
El Pollo Diablo
857 Posts
Whats up.
Ashton here, 87 NA Sport + GTE Swap + mysterious high idle = my ride.

There are a few other supra guys in town, I hang out all the time with LowBudgetTarga and Jason, whose username I dont recall, along with out MKII goon buddy Al.

Im sure that LowBudget or Jason will post here at some point...
and if nothing else, we're planning on going to Centralia, you could prolly roll with us... if you meet our exacting standards that is.
<though they allow me, so it's not that bad :p >

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on.. i'm thinkin it was probably a couple of you guys that i saw at the gas station the other day. one maroon mkiii on what i think were mkiv wheels, and an mkii.

but you gotta let me in on the standards though.. if i have to run around campus naked again for initiation (damn those honda guys) then i'm out... hahahahaha

·
way over budget
664 Posts
that was me in th emaroon "91T at the gas station with my buddy Alex in his '84 MKII. I recognize that car I think, did you pick it up recently from a kid named Garret? If so, good purchase, that car is really clean and he kinda drove like a girl so it's not oo abused. We usually work on the supra's all together so you should definately get together with us sometime.

EDIT: PLEASE don't do any running around naked, we've killed men for less!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha.. thank god no nekkidness..

but yeah, it'd be awesome to meet up. just name the time and place and i'll see what i can do. as long as i ain't gotta work (i'm over at mobile music) i'm usually pretty available.

as for the car, yeah.. i got her around the beginning of feb. from an older guy (was a younger kid around though.. he seemed kinda sad about seeing the car go) for a good deal and i've been loving it ever since. kinda nice to have a quick car that i didn't have to dump a ton of money into to get that way .. damn crx. lol ... that and rwd is a lot more entertaining.

·
way over budget
664 Posts
right now is a pretty good time to be into MKIII's in bellingham also since we've got some ov everything like jason(87_7mgte)'s full standalone, my maft pro, and a few others with various stages of simple bolt on's. Usually we just get together and play video games, but we should arrange a little meet where we can get a bunch of pics of supras.

I'm sure after you get used to that thing and after a few rides ain some more modded supras you'll start modding it then dumping money into it anyhow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha... yeah. she's already feeling a little slower than when i first got her. she's stock for the most part, just a 3" catback and apexi filter/adapter. she's definately got some more love coming her way for sure though.. think i'm gonna get into the suspension first, as the tems is a little pillowy for my liking. after i get that how i want it, who knows..

but first i gotta get this damn system finished.. lol. need to get 'glassin in the hatch.

as far as a meet, that'd be cool.. any opportunity to play with my new camera. best time for me are usually.. mondays and tuesdays after 6pm .. wednesday anytime ... friday after 6. weekends every once in a while but i've usually got my kids with me. easter weekend i should be free, and hopefully i can get the 22nd off so i can rally down to centralia.

but enough for now, gots to take a little run to the border for some grub.. tacobell at midnight, is there anything better? haha

·
For Sale
453 Posts
dude we should totally have another bbq tonight!! btw im Jason, do you live in those apts on northwest (or is that where that pic is taken)? it looks like the underground parking there cause thats where my gf lives. but yeah, ash, gage, and ubernewb (didnt catch your name) we should have another bbq tonight, and tune my car :D.

ok cya

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, i'm justin. and i live way up lakeway, the picture was taken over by the bellwether hotel.. nice big underground parking garage. every once in a while i'll go slide around in there cuz nothing beats the sound of squealing tires in a cave.. soooo loud :D

but yeah, i'd definately be up for a bbq.. just tell me what to bring and i'm there. i just need a rough guess on time cuz i was thinkin of headin south for a few hours today. either post up here or give me a call at 920-8716

·
For Sale
453 Posts
we would probably bbq around 6 im guessing, no real set time though. have to talk to gage and ashton though too. we should have a ton of burgs, cause my roomate and i both bought a pack of patties from costco. so just bring whatever you feel like.

also, if anyone is up north, they are welcome to drop by anytime!

1700 E. Illinois St
or
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1700+E+Illinois+st,+bellingham,+wa

PS: oh yeah, im on SF all day M-F, my job is kinda slow so im on here a lot heh, so drop me a line whenever

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweetness.. that'll give me plenty of time to go dick around seattle for a bit.

you guys drink at all? if so, got a preference?

·
For Sale
453 Posts
ahaha, do we? um, well, i think our drink of choice is Milwaukee's Best Ice, heh, gets you good and drunk. if you like classy, we all like Apricot Ale. we drink just about anything though, cant think of anything we dont like.

EDIT: hopefully by you saying "you guys drink at all", i didnt take that the wrong way.

·
El Pollo Diablo
857 Posts
BBQ part two!
daylight included this time.

Just have to note that Beast being our drink of choice is strictly based on cost to alcohol content ratio.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well if you guys want soemthing else, feel free to speak up.. i'm not baller enough to buy crystal and shit, but yeah.. haha

could even do like a fifth or two.. maybe we'll just decide there and then go make a run.

anyways, i'm off to seattle.. if plans change or you guys come up with a solid drink plan, hit me up on my cell

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
hey guys hows it going.
I used to never bother browsing the northwest forums because m car hasn't been running. But now i've got some progress and the engine is out and on it's way to be rebuilt (pics in mkiii section) . Once i have my car i will probably come down for a meet or whatever, since belingham is so close to the border and i'm like 15 mins from the border.

I met you lowbudgettarga at mission two weeks ago by BTZ (brent's) car, i was wearing a black jacket and had curly blonde hair.

see you guys when the engines out!

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Damn; I need to get in on this b-ham action. Either of you guys know how to weld? So i can steal your services.

I just bought a FFIM from seth and have all new piping and I need to install it all; I'm just waiting on my FMIC.

I can supply beer/food if necessary

Oh also, are you guys planning on meeting up w/ us at the bellevue park n ride or not?

If you want to but don't know how to get there, I could be an uhh, intermediary and meet you say @ the exit before you merge onto 405 and leed(sp) you guys there?

LMK.

~Kyle Ackerman

1 - 19 of 19 Posts