Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody huh. Ill buy a set for my birthday in June and post up a review.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick Review

Hello everyone looking at the Sparco R600's,
After sifting tough multiple forums and posts for aftermarket seats i decided to give sparcos a try as my OEM's are in poor(-) shape.
In my search what pissed me off the most was that everyone is very happy to tell you and show you pictures how great the seats look and how comfortable they are. But very few if any tell you about their body type, especially they effin waist.
Ex: "im 6'3" 210 and i fit great in these...." for god sake, what is your waist size! :die:

I will start this review with my dimensions, 6'1" 195lbs 33-34" waist.

Ordered the seats through SparcoUSA, OGRacing filled the order and seats with the new "planted" seat brackets were in my garage within 2 weeks. Props to OGRacing for great communication from start to finish. Thumbs Up.

The good: Great looking and quality seats, materials and fabric is very durable and comfortable. Installation is a piece of cake, mounts (4 bolts), sliders(4bolts) +seat. Everything fit as supposed to. Reclining mechanism works perfectly, and the Door side adjustment wheel slides off to fit the Sparco Harness Bar.

The Bad: With slider, my hair was touching the roof. Removed that for perfect sitting height, but lost the sliding back option. Drilled new mounting holes into seat bracket to compensate for the lost slider option. OK.

The reallly baddd: from hips up, torso, and shoulders are 100% fit and super comfortable, could not wish for anything better. But after driving even for 10 minutes in the car, my lateral thighs started to talk then scream at me.
Side bolsters are for anyone with 32" waist or less and no quads or hamstrings.
If your a 34" look elsewhere. This seat does not allow for any external rotation of the hips, zero. Your legs are always pointing forward, i could barely get my Left leg onto dead pedal, and my thighs are not big.

Both seats sent back to Sparco.

All seats of this type should have adjustable lateral bolsters, im sure it can be done.
Hope this helps anyone with their decision making process. I continue my search and prepare to restore and re-bolster the OEM seats.
IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1871.JPG
IMG_1872.JPG
IMG_1878.JPG
IMG_1880.JPG

·
serbian by blood!!!
1,675 Posts
I see I see.. Now tell us more about your steering wheel:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks good...went through a similar set that looked good but fitment wasn't right. I ended up with S2000 seats and love them. Nice steering wheel. I had one made but with a TRD.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I've got to find the time to install my dam seats! Ugh! I went with Carbon backed Cobra Misanos, and I too have the carbon wheel, love it!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got to find the time to install my dam seats! Ugh! I went with Carbon backed Cobra Misanos, and I too have the carbon wheel, love it!!!
Please do and post a review of the Misanos, include your waist size and other specs. Im eyeballing them as well.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Lol...

Sounds familar.

I have a pair of custom ordered Recaro Sport Toplines that have sitting in my basement way too long.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Please do and post a review of the Misanos, include your waist size and other specs. Im eyeballing them as well.
Try some s2000 seats...you will be surprised.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Milano 2 Seats are a dream, found some used and abused, but a new set ... i am yet to see.
Otherwise winter project will be rebuilding stock seats with perforated leather.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I have Sparco Milano 2 seats and love them. I suggest to everyone that they should use bride rails cause I had planted rails and they sucked
Best advice so far.

I've personally had a set of Wedge Engineering brackets, and they were pretty substandard IMO.

Planted were better but no where near the quality (sturdiness of the welds and thickness of the steel) of the Brides (that are combination brackets and sliders).

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Looks good...went through a similar set that looked good but fitment wasn't right. I ended up with S2000 seats and love them. Nice steering wheel. I had one made but with a TRD.
Zues- which rails did you use for the s2k seats? Did the Honda ones work?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes the rails on the seats almost bolted right in. Had to drill one hole in the outside rear rail.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes the rails on the seats almost bolted right in. Had to drill one hole in the outside rear rail.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts