Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
no tire gaps
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking for some decent fender flares and cant find anything good, please post pics or were I could get some from, I like the ones that go half way

·
no tire gaps
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys dont understand how bad I need them fenders, my tires rub and I wanna go bigger, anything would help, I just dont no were to get decent flares or fenders

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
x X CLoud X x said:
over fenders are ugly and dont go nicely with the curves on our fenders
Thank you X 2364823462 :)

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
A lot of people on this board don't like riced out body kits, and understandably so. Some overfenders can pull it off on the right car in my opinion. This guy's (siphanracing) previous car uses customized VeilSide overfenders and I think Bomex side skirts:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=a093&.dnm=c21b.jpg&.src=ph

Obviously ignore the ridiculous stickers on the car. Imagine if it were cleaned of that junk and how mean it would look. Another member on here (casper) had the VS overfenders on his Viper Blue MKIV, but I can't seem to locate any at the moment even though one used to be in his sig.

Another, but incredibly more expensive option, is to do metal overfenders. There is a thread on here that shows some build pictures of Joe Galante's old metal widebody and it does a good job of blending the overfenders with the lines of the car. As usual, search turns up nada for me even though I remember a zillion terms from the thread that should allow me to find it. Here's a pic of Brad Mayo's overfenders as well:

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/photos/brad-mayo-03.jpg

Good luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
fuindustries said:
A lot of people on this board don't like riced out body kits, and understandably so.
Are you kidding? Almost everywhere I look on this forum i see something riced out to hell, and actually see so many positive responses. I don't get it really...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
x X CLoud X x said:
over fenders are ugly and dont go nicely with the curves on our fenders
+1

Respect yourself, respect your supra. Don't do it.

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Kuzmeista: There are a number of posters who immediately comment negatively on any thread that concerns what I would describe as "riced out" body kits. These include anything VeilSide, anything knock off, and anything not sported by the Supra heavyweights on this forum. I imagine there is a difference in our interpretations of what is riced out and what is not. I do think there is a general willingness to call our ridiculous exterior mods, such as here:

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160651&highlight=worst

·
Registered
66 Posts
fuindustries said:
Kuzmeista: There are a number of posters who immediately comment negatively on any thread that concerns what I would describe as "riced out" body kits. These include anything VeilSide, anything knock off, and anything not sported by the Supra heavyweights on this forum. I imagine there is a difference in our interpretations of what is riced out and what is not. I do think there is a general willingness to call our ridiculous exterior mods, such as here:

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160651&highlight=worst
I know what you're saying man. Not trying to argue. I don't know what I was trying to do haha. It just seems that there is the same percentage of people with lack of aftermarket style here just as much of, if not more than, anywhere else. It just pisses me off that these people disgrace the supra as if it were a geo metro or something. The supra should be owned by someone that will take care of and style it appropriotely. And I agree, veilside has got to be the worst.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
i think their are great overfender kits available.

here's a shot of mine
the funny thing is, my overfenders are blended in so well that many people can't tell it is any wider or aftermarket for that matter.

here's one of ken hendersons do luck overfender

·
Registered
522 Posts
Another Angle that show's the over fenders well.

Gives a good extra 20mm of clearance, and is totally low key.

Body kits suck unless you got $$$$ to do it right though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts