Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Very Senior Member
9,962 Posts
BARTON said:
You did notice it has a salvage title - right??

Other than that the car looks good.
Yeah, just because someone else was foolish enough to dump a ton of money in a salvage title car doesn't mean we should!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For 36k you might be able to find something similiar with a clean title.
Thats pretty much the type of critisism I was looking for.

You see a car, at first glance, and it looks pretty sik..
Takes a bit more than your own opinion to male it look more appealing. When you look for such car long enuf.. meh...

I just want one soon.

appreciate the opinions. they all helps.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
It isnt really a bad title for osmeone wanting an average Supra. I know I will not opt out the salvage cars when I start my search. However in this instance it is a horrible title. A car that has had that much invested in it should be a clean titled car. Also, doesn't someone on here have those seats? Seems like I remember seeing them.

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
I cannot think of any finance company that wants to lend money for a 12 model year old car with a savage title that sells for triple the book price. So unless you have cash, I would pass.

Otherwise, it looks great.

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Looks pretty sweet minus the seats. Also, with all that money already invested in it and a full wide body kit, I wonder why it has 18 x 8 wheels all around? Its got a little bit more than a 3" lip.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
SupraMan1990 said:
It isnt really a bad title for osmeone wanting an average Supra. I know I will not opt out the salvage cars when I start my search. However in this instance it is a horrible title. A car that has had that much invested in it should be a clean titled car. Also, doesn't someone on here have those seats? Seems like I remember seeing them.
Looks can be quiet decieving (SP?). Just because you see a body kit and a turbo doesn't mean it had that much invested into it. You really can't see what's underneath the car, you don't know the compression numbers. Although you may be lucky enough where it was just minor body damage and the car was totaled, but it is more likely that it had major damage.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Do you guys know how easy it is to get a car inspected and have a normal title. There are a bunch of guys on here with supras that have been inspected and cleared. Not saying that car is worth it or to buy it but honestly a rebuilt title is great for the buyer because they get a crazy deal.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Jarrett H said:
Do you guys know how easy it is to get a car inspected and have a normal title. There are a bunch of guys on here with supras that have been inspected and cleared. Not saying that car is worth it or to buy it but honestly a rebuilt title is great for the buyer because they get a crazy deal.
But in this case, the seller is trying to sell it as if the car still has a clean title. So hes not getting a crazy deal.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Salvage or not....THat's a hell of a deal for what he has in that car already. Figure 20-25K to get teh widebody kit looking right, alone. Then go ahead and pile on wheels, engine management, single kit, suspension, some of the most expensive seats out there, the fact that it's a 6 speed, and there you have it. Bottom line is that you'd be LUCKY to own something like that for 36K. Try building it, and you'll see what I mean.

Eric

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
It looks great. If the frame is alright it might be a good deal. I'm new to the US, so can't comment on the insurance/financing related to a salvage title though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts