Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The main 2 that I have been looking at are the AEM and Greddy Profec B II.

With the Greddy, I've been told that it doesn't work to well with more than 23 psi.

What is your suggestions?

I like the AEM because it is a Gauge, however I'll need to get an A pillar pod which I don't know if I want to do. I'm up for all options.

Thanks

· Banned
1,120 Posts
Run the AEM here, once you get it setup it works good. Played around with the spring pressure setting a lot to control creep but all in all pretty nice and clean install. Missing some features but I like mine. Also the boost settings are all in percentage not actual boost, so when it says 10 it is actually 10% of 29lbs(max reading for the AEM boost sensor) so 2.9 psi. But switching programs A to B is a simple push of a button and seeing the max is simply holding a button for 3 seconds.

HTH,
Seth

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Seth,

I really like the AEM, but have no where to put it as of right now, that is the reason why I've been looking at the Greddy. I do like the fact that it is a gauge as well and that will save me some $$ when buying gauges. But the only place that I can see running it is on the A pillar, which wouldn't be bad, but I was trying to not do that. I'm ordering the Zeitronix unit and was going to get the digital box gauge that displays a lot of different values and put that where the Ashe tray goes and the Greddy underneath it, however the Greddy doesn't seem to be that reliable from what I am hearing. I don't know! I guess it's just personal preference.

· Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I had Blitz, Greddy, HKS, and Apex'i.

HKS EVC EZ-2 hands down was the best. It held any boost setting I wanted and worked flawlessly. I opted for the EVC 5 which is just the EVC EZ-2 with a screen to show boost and other settings.

Blitz had boost creep issues for me, Greddy just plain sucked and would change its mind daily on what each setting would do, and the Apex'i just never really worked that well for me. I had multiple problems with it.

· MUDKIP FARMER
11,112 Posts
I've always been a big fan of the GReedy Profec-B.

Although I've heard the previous generation was better than the current at keeping stable boost.

I remember reading an old SCC mag where they did a big comparison, and the Profec-B dominated some 3x as expensive.

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had Blitz, Greddy, HKS, and Apex'i.

HKS EVC EZ-2 hands down was the best. It held any boost setting I wanted and worked flawlessly. I opted for the EVC 5 which is just the EVC EZ-2 with a screen to show boost and other settings.

Blitz had boost creep issues for me, Greddy just plain sucked and would change its mind daily on what each setting would do, and the Apex'i just never really worked that well for me. I had multiple problems with it.

Dude you know about supras??? LOL!

I think that I'm going to just get the AEM and get an A pillar gauge pod. This way I can put my zeitronix up there too. We'll see I guess, I wish I had enough money to buy the HKS one but don't right now.

· Banned
1,120 Posts
You can also mount the gauges here:

A-pillar oil and fuel pressure, boost and wideband on the side of the dash.

I have heard good and bad about all of the boost controllers. I do wish the AEM had more functions but works good for me.

Seth

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seth,

Are those the Prosport gauges? How do they do during the day time? If I go this route with the AEM, I'll put it in the A Pillar with the wideband then replace the stock gauges in the cluster with the Prosport 60mm water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure. I just want my car to look clean.

What other features about the AEM do you wish it had? It's got 2 boost settings and the ability to replay peak boost, that is enough for me.

· Registered
156 Posts
there was a single pod a pillar for sale for like $10 in the for sale section. if your just running 1 can't beat that. I recently bought the AEM but not installed yet waiting to do my DDP and wideband all at one time. just found a really good deal for the boostgauge/ controller.

Kev

· Banned
1,120 Posts
I actually don't care for the prosport gauges, tinted lense is very hard to see during the day. My oil pressure gauge took a shit after one week and the lenses on both spin which is not good because the button comes through the lense. I will be getting new AEM oil and fuel pressure to match my boost and wideband.

As for features there is no boost by gear settings but thats about it!

Seth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.