Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently acquired a 1990 MK3 Supra from a junkyard with a mostly complete engine. The parts are all there with an exception of the turbo. I’d like to know where I can get some good Gaskets for the exhaust and valve covers, Turbo, rear hatch release, her valve, and throttle body more than likely. Any help would be great, thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, thank you. I just wondered if there might be a online “Supra store”. I just didn’t want to take a chance on eBay parts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Driftmotion.com has just about anything you'll need brand new for supras. Probably the best site out there for us mk3 guys who want to rebuild/replace parts.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Alright, thank you. I just wondered if there might be a online “Supra store”. I just didn’t want to take a chance on eBay parts
you can buy name brand AND cheepo junk on ebay haha

some parts - intercoolers / exhaust - the low cost stuff is actually sometimes half way decent / as good as oem

for seals and gaskets I would buy a set and then get oem gaskets for: cam seals, oil drive shaft seal, front and main. I have had no problems with felpro head gasket + arp studs. but the felpro stuff was problematic on the rotating lip seals (and oem is still an option). but I built my motot and let it sit for 7+ years so Im sure some of that was my bad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, well I don’t need a head gasket. Here’s what the engine looked like when I got it. I have since cleaned the cams and put them in along with the Cam gears and put the bearing caps on. Is there any other obvious parts missing?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a throttle body and the stock 3000 pipe if you're interested. Also hoses, intercooler, lots of engine components. Just DM me and GL!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't forget to check the valve lash on the intake and exhaust sides. The CAM caps are numbered and lettered for intake and exhaust. Torque to spec. I think it's 14 foot-pounds. The procedure is detailed in a good manual especially a Toyota shop manual for your year. You may be able to find one on eBay. There is an online manual that you can refer to - click here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alrighty, thank you. I have the Haynes for it and the caps are in proper order and snugged down as instructed in the manual. Thanks all the same Bruder. 🙂

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Personally, I'd replace anything rubber on the car. A factory Toyota full gasket kit isn't a bad option either. Expensive, sure, but if done and done right, you won't have any pesky leaks. I'd also recommend a full bushing job, if you're up for it. Really makes a tired car feel nice and tight all over again. :)

As far as upgrades go, an intake, downpipe, exhaust, and (optional) intercooler upgrades make for a really fun car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, I’ll have to keep that in mind. Since he’s been sitting for around 5 years at my guess, I’d say your suggestions are good ideas, but my first goal is collect parts to get him running and from there see what I’m working with and what upgrades are necessary. 🙂 however I plan on a better intercooler for better boost if all goes well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts