Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find any anywhere.........was wondering if anyone can post one or a link, thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Before picture:

·
Registered
205 Posts
You seperate it where the black plastic connects to the metal shaft in the previous pic. Heat the shaft with the torch some and grab the upper part with vice grips and pull.
-- The B&M shift knob I put on uses a plasitc sleeve that I pounded onto the bare rod and then screwed the new shifter onto it. I recomend getting a new little plastic piece at the bottom of the pivot on the previous pic and also the green "truck" gasket that the larger half circle (with the spring above it) glides on. -- Hope that makes sense--
Also for the 2 rubber boots, use a hose clamp to tighten them onto the now smaller bare metal shaft.
My Shortened one:

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's a pretty good mod. I did mine and it feels way better. A little more effort is required to shift but it looks much better and doesn't require a whole body movement to get from 1st to 2nd. :) Only downside is that it is kinda hard to get into reverse if your transmission is in less than perfect shape like mine.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you thats the kind of pic i was lookign for. did a search adn couldnt find any decent pics liek that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That was a pic off of ebay I snagged when I was looking for pics of it like 1.5 years ago :) SO i could see what it looked like before I took mine apart :) Glad I could help

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HEHEHEHEHHE

Here is mine stock shifter shaved with custom gate sogi style

lam

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts

this is my modified sogi short shifter. i did the normal mod but then cut off an additional 1.5". but then i notcied how hard it was to get it into 2nd gear. you have to practically push back and down. so i heated it up and bent it so that when 2nd gear is fully engaged the shifter is straight up and down. its a bit of a reach over stock, but im 6'3" so its all good.

oh btw in the pic its in 3rd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts