Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I don't know anything about my 87 Supra, and there are several problems:

1. When I first start the car in the morning, the oil pressure starts at 80, then drops to 40, and slowly increases back to 80 when i go faster than 75 mph.

2. When I drove the car for an hour or more on the highway, the radiator fluid in the reservoir is boiling, and the radiator loses fluid. Once, the car just died on me, and all the fluid was gone out of the radiator on the way to San Francisco (when I refilled it with radiator fluid and water two hours later, the car ran ok when I drove it home.) The temperature of the car engine did start to rise after a while, so I slowed down to 50 mph to keep the engine from overheating. I checked for leaks in the last several months, and there is no leaking anywhere under the car.

3. Whenever I turn the steering wheel all the way to the right and start slowly moving, I hear this "crunching, cracking, and rusty bouncy spring" sound - as if something broke in half.

4. The gears are harder to shift these days, especially into 2nd gear.

5. When I come off a highway exit - especially going downhill - the car, brake pedal and steering wheel vibrate a lot when I start to slow down with the brake.

Are there any reputable shops or dealers that I can take my car to? I am spooked by the dealerships ripping people off, but somethimes the shops are not much better.

Thanks for your help!

Edward
San Jose, California

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Talk to Silvino about Sushi. He does some excellent work in the Bay Area. Or you can email me and I can get you his contact information. Take care!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sean,

I just sent you an email. Thanks for your help in getting me Sushi's info. I don't know if Sushi is the name of the guy or a shop. I'm in San Jose, is he/shop far away?

Edward

1 - 3 of 3 Posts