Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i live in new york and am considering buying an evo but ive never ridden in one. Was wondering if anyone would be willign to take me for a ride. I wouldnt ask you to let me drive the car but if you can just take me for a short ride so i can see how one feels it'd help me make up my mind
It would be greatly appreciated. I'll buy lunch! lol
If anyones interested please let me know my e-mail is [email protected] and my aim is pane2k.
Thanks
john

·
11,221 Posts
Go in on the dealerships and ask for a test drive :)

PS - why don't you just ask the seller(s) of the car you are looking at for a test drive.

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
I would give you one but im booked timewise. Its finals week and im getting my own car together.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a post on the evo forums as well.
And the reason i dont go into the dealership is because i dont plan on buying a brand new one so i dont want to get spoiled...and plus i dont want to deal with their bullshit because if i go for a test drive theyre going to want to sit me down and talk about financing etc. etc.
Thanks for the replies.
Phastsupra if you get any free time let me know
Thanks

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have driven more then one at a dealer and never once had to sit down and talk numbers.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Well me and jdmuscle here on the forums both got an EVO IX MR, so if its not raining this weekend and you drive out to DPA (deer park ave in LI) you can definately get a ride.
-Mani

·
Registered
50 Posts
pane2k,

I would give you a ride in my car, but you are a bit far. Anyways, I'm thinking of selling my EVO IX MR. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
Allan

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well me and jdmuscle here on the forums both got an EVO IX MR, so if its not raining this weekend and you drive out to DPA (deer park ave in LI) you can definately get a ride.
-Mani
sounds good ill tryt o make it out there.

·
Blue Thunder
3,600 Posts
I'd def give you a ride too !!! If you were in the B'more area....
If you get a used one, get one from a dealer. Get the warranty.
That's a necessary thing.

Brakes/Rotors are expensive, the 5 gear syncros
may need replacing, clutch/flywheel may be shot from abuse.
Brembo rotors paint peel, and the wing clear coat too.
The drivetrain is noisy, the TB rattles, but a nice AWD launch....PRICELESSSSSS!!!!

Try to stay away from a modded one, Evos can't take the abuse like the Supra can !!!!
I love mine, be keepn it until I can get an EB(Electric Blue) one. G/L :D

·
Blue Thunder
3,600 Posts
That new S4 is HAWT !!! But you can do SOOOO MUCH more to an Evo !!! plus it's hella cheaper !!!
Get the MR if you gotta have a 6 speed. Other than that, they all have the same hp and motor. Well the IX's do.
The VIII's are a lil less. The MR rides a bit better, different suspension, but you can tweak a GSR or RS too.
And save several thou !!!

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Its no luxury car , Its more of a GO-Kart do you plan to daily it? I daily mine i can throw in a few cents.

·
Photographer
250 Posts
Your an idiot John, you should be looking for another MKIV!!!
yea for real... your TRD widebody was sick man.. i dunno if you still have my # but gimme a call.. when it comes to Evo i know 90% of that community in the tri state area since i used to be their photographer... you seen us at SEMA we were all lined up infront of you haha...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea for real... your TRD widebody was sick man.. i dunno if you still have my # but gimme a call.. when it comes to Evo i know 90% of that community in the tri state area since i used to be their photographer... you seen us at SEMA we were all lined up infront of you haha...
Yes i remember you, I'd have to look through my e-mail from like a year ago to find your number though :)
Can you e-mail it to me again? [email protected]
Trust me i want another supra..its just im trying to save a majority of my money to buy a peice of realestate or something. I feel like its not the time to blow it all on a car...so im trying to find the next best thing :)
Thanks for the responses guys.
John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts