Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I went to the drag strip this weekend with my totally stock dawg and I'm looking for results from others to compare too. My best run in terms of ET:

RT = 0.749
60 ft = 2.198
ET = 13.887
Speed = 102.62

Z

·
0 Posts
those #'s are a bit higher than the road and track test #'s...but then again what do I know? :p

can you maybe tell us more about the run? race gas? outside temperature?

BTw, your 60ft time is pretty good! better than what I can do with my 6 speed. :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
ET is so dependent on the driver's skill (especially on a six speed) that it is almost irrelavent as a means of comparison. I have seen stock Supras run 14s with a poor driver, then the same car run low 13s with a good driver.

MPH is a better judge of your car's performance as it is not nearly as dependent on the driver's capability. Judging by your 60', you have a pretty good handle on launching your car, especially if this was done on the stock 255 x 45 x 17 tires. Your mph seems a tad low, but this may be because of temperature, humidity, altitude, etc. My Supra typically ran 104 to 107 mph depending on weather, and that was at 33' above sea level. But it is an auto, not a six speed.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the info:

Woodburn Dragstrip, Woodburn, OR
Elevation: 182 ft
Temp: 83 degrees
Humidity: 21%
Barometer: 30.02 in

I raced on 92 octane and Toyo Proxes T1S tires. In other words, completely in street trim, other than pulling the trac fuse.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The speed is in line with the HP #'s I dynoed at, around 270 rwhp. This is an auto. There was another BPU+ supra at that has dynoed over 100 hp higher than I and he was only doing about 113 mph with ETs in the 13 to 13.5 sec range.

·
Registered
174 Posts
These numbers still seem low to me. Your altitude and teperature are similar to where I live, but BPU auto Supras out my way virtually always run between 115 and 120 mph and et from mid 11s to mid 12s. Stockers typically run low/mid 13s at 106 mph. Have you done compression tests and checked for boost leaks? We generally run our BPU cars between 17 and 20 psi, with 18 or 19 seeming to produce the best ETs.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't checked for boost leaks. Did a compression test and it checked out.

K

·
0 Posts
I ran a 13.61 at 105mph bone stock and it was 85 degrees and humid. Thats with a 94 Supra automatic.

C

·
0 Posts
ive seen a guy dyno 280rwhp and then run 13.55 @ 103

automatic with crappy street tires...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts