Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone again! Been a while since I posted. Update: I went ahead and purchased a MK3 instead of a MK4 due to budget, not disappointed even a bit. I love this car to death.

Anywho, I am needing someone who knows and works on 1jz/2jz engines. If you know please comment their shop or company!
For what I'm needing done it follows~
•twin disc clutch installed
•duel fuel pump setup (have hangers and x2 450s)
•aftermarket intake manifold
•possibly new driveshaft
Exhaust muffler cut/ hung higher on car
Few gauges and sensors
Digital dash
•re-tuned on e85
open to ideas looking to bulletproof the engine a bit/maybe 2jz block for the car. Depends on cost and my budget.

As for what the current setup is~
•1jzgte top and bottom
•hks 272 cam
•Haltech 2000 engine management
•single turbo
•intercooler
•2000cc injectors
•e85 flexfuel setup
•rebuilt r154
•suspension/breaks etc etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
look up LS fabrication on IG. his names Lawrence Shipmen, def. knos his JZ stuff. he was the go to guy in norcal until he moved to texas but still comes a few times a year and tunes here.

·
...pop the hood!
1,075 Posts
where in texas are you?

those pics make me miss my mklll

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live in Austin and could do all of what you've asked for. I'm not a shop/company and I don't "need money" either, I'm just a dude that can help that lives in the same city as you. I've done what you're asking to several other vehicles.... several times without failure.

·
2,230 Posts

Give Chris Johnson at Performance Motorsports a call. He's in Austin near 620 & Anderson Mill Road.
He started Boost Logic back in the day and is still my go to guy for Supra stuff.
I just took my '97 to him to install my TRD rear diff, fix my leaky valve cover gasket and a few other things.

If you had asked this in the South forum I would have found this thread quicker.
Post up in there maybe we can get some Supra's together. I'd love to get some MK3's in the mix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boost Logic in Austin !!
Seen some fast JZ conversions coming out of there.
That was actually first people I hit up. The guy said they dont work on them anymore

Give Chris Johnson at Performance Motorsports a call. He's in Austin near 620 & Anderson Mill Road.
He started Boost Logic back in the day and is still my go to guy for Supra stuff.
I just took my '97 to him to install my TRD rear diff, fix my leaky valve cover gasket and a few other things.

If you had asked this in the South forum I would have found this thread quicker.
Post up in there maybe we can get some Supra's together. I'd love to get some MK3's in the mix.

Talking to him now. And definitely gotta meetup once I get it built man! Follow me on Instagram @ tylerwitt1

·
2,230 Posts
Don't hit up Boost Logic for the Supra, hit up Performance Motorsports. The facebook link has his info and he definitely still does Supra and other related cars.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,630 Posts
I don't have experience with any of these, but these are shops I've heard of.
Lunatic Garage is in San Antonio, and I think they've done JZs before.
Boost Logic I think they no longer work on JZs, and I thought I remember them saying they won't tune a Mk.III/JZ swapped Mk. III
I think Calvo Motorsports has done some JZ work
Performance Motorsports has a long history of tuning JZs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts