Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am lookign for a twin turbo kit that produces 600-700 hp and can easily be upgrade in the future. A not to complicated install wouldn't be too bad either.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
twinturbosupra94 said:
Hello,
I am lookign for a twin turbo kit that produces 600-700 hp and can easily be upgrade in the future. A not to complicated install wouldn't be too bad either.
Sure, we have a modified version of the HKS 2835 twin GT turbo kit for sale that makes about 650 wheel HP at 2 BAR. Its fully polished and heat coated, with modified exhaust sides.

A not too complicated install for a twin kit is not going to happen. Thats an oxymoron! You have to pull the engine to install it.

Thanks!

JH

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
what's the cost of this kit?
would it be possible to get smaller turbos? or would that be a waste of $?
what's the spool charateristics of this setup? The modified 2835. I would like to go twin but i've been told that it's more looks than anything.

Thanks

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dman, i think i am going to go get a large single turbo.......any suggestions? I think the T78 ot T88 kits look very appealing, but can they run on stock internal? I dont plan on running full boost on a daily basis.....small ammount on week, racing on weekends.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i am planning to get the PHR kit that they offer. is that hard to install? and where the hell can i get a book with information on supras and tensions and engine stuff. my dad has one for the honda called chilton and i am wonderign if and where i can get one.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Get a Toyota Supra Repair Manual that helps a lot. I think you could order one from Elmhurst Toyota Scion or Champion / Jay Marks Toyota

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Ive also got a used HKS 2835 twin turbo kit available. Ultra low mileage, comes complete with small exhaust housings and standard exhaust housings.

Everything needed for complete install in typical Obiwan fashion. :)

If anyone is interested shoot me an e-mail. I am going to post them up for sale in the parts section later today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Ben

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Obiwan said:
Ive also got a used HKS 2835 twin turbo kit available. Ultra low mileage, comes complete with small exhaust housings and standard exhaust housings.
What are the spool specs?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Spool specs? Well that is a trick question now isnt it.

Type of transmission, type of intercooler, type of cams, type of intake, etc etc all make a big impact on spool characteristics. So to give you a realistics sense of how they spool is pretty hard.

They begin to make boost in the 3K range and full boost in the low to mid 4K range. Thats a rough sense I know but thats also a very trick question to answer. :)

Thanks

Ben

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
yeah I should've given you more info. but that answer is good enough for me :). unfortunately/forutnately whichever way you want to look at it I came across a toyota altezza yesterday that i couldn't resist so that's going to eat into the supra funds :(

·
Registered
499 Posts
Obiwan said:

Everything needed for complete install in typical Obiwan fashion. :)

If anyone is interested shoot me an e-mail. I am going to post them up for sale in the parts section later today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Ben
How much? very very interested :run:

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
E-mail me directly if interested and well go from there.

Thanks

[email protected]

Ben

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
8secsupra said:
Sure, we have a modified version of the HKS 2835 twin GT turbo kit for sale that makes about 650 wheel HP at 2 BAR. Its fully polished and heat coated, with modified exhaust sides.

A not too complicated install for a twin kit is not going to happen. Thats an oxymoron! You have to pull the engine to install it.

Thanks!

JH

I've done two of these kits without pulling the motor. But then again I enjoy bloody knuckles..... used to play it as a kid too LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts