Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the thing i have wanted to build a supra for awhile and will be coming into a chunk of money soon and the plan is to buy an mk3 and put a 2jz in it i have my guy talking to his motor importer from japan atm for the 2jz and a lead on a 91 supra turbo

i plan to put 8-10k in motor how much hp do YOU think i would be looking at?

im going to port polish bore and sleeve it with bigger pistons etc

what would be the safest bore/sleeve combo to run spray without boring too far?

i want to go 76mm turbo so what would i have to change in the motor for it to be safer with the compression?

what transmission would i have to go to from stock?

and would i have to get a new rear end and drive shaft?

i honestly dont know alot about motors but i am progressively learning that is why i am posting this because i figure the more i know about what i need to do before the time comes the better

·
SONICSUPRA IS BACK!!
1,287 Posts
how much power are you looking to make? if you are not shooting for more than 700-800 hp then you won't need to build. these motors handle alot of power but if you are looking for 900+ you might need to build. the most i would touch internally is probably pnp the head with a 5 angle valve job and some custom cams like 284/286. the only tranny option you really have is a r154 unless you have tons and tons of money to spend on doing a v160 swap. if you use the r154 you can just use the stock drive shaft or get an aftermarket one that replaces the stock one. but overall you should search for more info, there is alot on this forum and others

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i just bought an 87 auto non turbo since imma do the motor swap i ddnt really mind it not being turbo and i will just do the manual conversion

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to the supra owners club . . . Id budget a fair amount of that money in just doing the swap, Unless your looking at big numbers, Id leave the internals stock, but swap oil,ps, water pumps, radiator, seals, hoses, intercooler and piping etc etc. . . and use the money to perform a super clean swap with larger turbo's to push up the hp if there's enough left over afterwards . . . Just my 2 cents . . .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im looking for 600 rwhp without using spray on pump gas

i want to port polish and bore with a sleeve pretty much regardless and have a 76mm turbo that way if i ever decide to go bigger numbers it saves some work/cash at that point ... i have been having trouble coming up with a truck and trailer but tomorrow i know i have a truck and know a guy i can get a trailer from so i will have the car tomorrow

i dont really know what a good deal is etc on parts and such and exactly what i need in the sense of if i upgrade "x" without upgrading "y" then bad things will happen so if anyone can toss me a parts list with approx pricing or even a brand name i would very much appreciate it

like i said port polish sleeve and bore with 76mm turbo what else do i need for 600-700 rwhp on pump gas and without spray? i plan to use spray at the track only so please factor that in because i will have it

also what is the BEST sounding exhaust system for an inline 6??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts