Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
says
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market to get a new headunit sometime soon. I've been pondering between the new

-Clarion VRX815
or the
-Panasonic 7" Indash Montitor(don't know the #)

I'm going to put my Psx2 under the back seat and plays games and dvd off of that. The Panasonic already plays dvds, so that's pretty much redundant. I guess I'm just asking for opinions on Clarions new deal? Thanks...

·
road hazard
452 Posts
sorry that i'm not much help but the new panasonic indash with the 7" screen looks sweet. it also has some pretty cool features like a swivel screen, zooms, and dvd playback options. not sure about the screen quality. :cool:

i just bought ktrend's eclipse 7301 double din with 5.8" screen. i'll tell you how that is when i get it installed. i also plan on hooking up my ps2 to it. where exactly "under the back seat"? i'm wondering where to put mine. :)

·
says
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm cutting a hole out of the passenger rear seat.(Under it actually, heh). I'm going to flush it in there and cover it with plexi and neon. I'm going to make 3 cutouts in the plexi, so the slot can open, and for the 2 controllers...Anyone else?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you looked at the Pioneer 7" LCD with built in CD Player yet? That's the one I have right now and that one has one of the better screens to play video games and watching DVD movies. The Panasonic LCD's aren't that clear at all if you have ever seen a DVD movie being displayed on it. They also, don't have the glass cover that goes over the LCD either. The Pioneer one I know has that and if you have ever seen how a LCD looks when a glass cover is placed over it, it looks a lot clearer and easier for your eyes to play games and watch movies too.

As far as getting the Clarion model, I wouldn't, they aren't as good as Kenwood, Pioneer, & Eclipse. Kenwood is pretty cool, because it's the only one with the touch screen and Eclipse has that cool security feature. But, in the end I choose the Pioneer LCD, because of the way the screen looked and how big it was, 7". I too have a PS2 hooked up to the LCD and I currently just have it sitting upright behind the passenger's seat. Reason being, so I can take it out of the car if I ever leave it with a shop, so they won't play with it or just want to take it out without any problems. I have the passenger's seat pushed back as far as it will go and it keeps the PS2 from moving around. Haven't had any problems with any DVD movies skipping while driving and the door can open and close too. I can use the PS2 remote too and the "eye" isn't blocked with this setup either. I keep the controls behind the driver's seat and no one can see the PS2 if they walk by my car, even if your windows are tinted or not. I like this setup the best, because I can easily reach the PS2 to change DVD movies or if I'm just sitting in my car and playing video games too. I can reach over to the PS2, while I'm driving and change a movie without bending or leaning over instead. I have to keep at least one hand on the steering wheel to control all the HP from a Supra, heh. :D

-Shawn

·
Registered
66 Posts
Also Bryant, the setup you want sounds pretty cool, but if you put it there, you might not be able to open the PS2 door. Like if a passenger puts the seat all the way back. I would measure the distance of the PS2 door when it's opened and see if your setup will actually work. Plus, think about this, if the PS2 is enclosed in that tight confined area under the rear seats, your PS2 will probably overheat and either your unit will not last that long or movies will probably freeze, due to the overheating. Not that it probably will happen, but it might. The PS2 gets pretty warm when it's in usage and you don't want to block the holes, circulation is needed. Same with the power inverter too. I have mine's mounted under the driver's seat.

-Shawn

S

·
0 Posts
i have to agree the pioneer p7000 cd is the way to go. i went with the 8000 brain box and thouroughly enjoy this setup.pioneer has a slave dvd din size available now and you can fill the doubledin hole nicely. redundant but it looks nice and you can have movies in the dash and games below the seat.i cut the floor below the back passenger seat and flushed my changer there.if you modify the fuel and brake lines you can do it on the drivers side too.just my opinion.
mike
siver 94 t88

·
says
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I've already been a cooling system for the PS2, so no need to worry about that. It shouldn't have any problems there. Can anyone take any pics of there Pioneer 7"? About how much do they run? Thanks...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bryant, the Pioneer 7" LCD w/CD player brand new runs for $1300 retail, but I've seen them as low as $900. You'll also need the controller headunit too that goes underneath the seat, in order to use the LCD. I can sell you my Pioneer LCD for $780+shipping, minus the controller headunit. The controller headunit can be bought for about $375. Email me if your interested. Thanks.

-Shawn Kim

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
Eclipse all the way brother. Screen is 1 inch smaller than some of the other, but SQ and display are wild. I have the 7002 and love it.

Ciao.

Bartel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts