Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Having More Fun Than You
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 96 NA that I'm looking to get turboed very soon and wanted to get your recommendations on complete kits. My budget is somewhere around 6-8k. The larger websites, ie wotm,mvpmotorsports,and boostlogic, all carry the Boost Logic Stage 1 or Stage 2 turbo kit for about 5-6k. I've also checked over the Turbonetics NA-T kit from Titan Motorsports which is 4k. If anyone has installed one of these what kind of HP #'s did you get?

With the typical NA-T kit what kind of HP and Torque #'s would I be looking at with the following mods already completed:
GTE shortblock,Crower regrinded cams,Crower titanium valve springs,Vitek ignition wires, NGK spark plugs, HKS ignition booster box, Veilside titanium exhaust, and K&N intake.

So thats about it, if anyone can recommend a complete kit to me for around 6-8k that would be greatly appreciated. Also how much am I going to be looking to pay for installation and tuning?

Thanks,
Drago

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
hm....6-8k, thats exactly wat i spent.

Boostlogic Stage 2 kit with 525cc injectors, hks ssqv, apex'i GT-spec, safcii, greddy boostcontroler, and powerhouse racing clutch.

i put down a lil shy of 400hp to the wheels on 1 bar of boost(14.8ish psi) but that was with my Bosch spark plugs blowing out at higher RPM, i turned up my low boost to around 15.5 now which should get me to 400whp, and my highboost is just below 18psi. great kit man, looks awesome, sounds GREAT and the turbo is the perciision t61 by the way, 300 dollars more and you have ureself and even bigger t67, my opinion is go with boostlogic.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
butttt i guess you installed it yourself? to have someone put this kit on it should be another 1500-2000 right? and did you spend closer to 6k or 8k?

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
rushsupra said:
I've got a 96 NA that I'm looking to get turboed very soon and wanted to get your recommendations on complete kits. My budget is somewhere around 6-8k. The larger websites, ie wotm,mvpmotorsports,and boostlogic, all carry the Boost Logic Stage 1 or Stage 2 turbo kit for about 5-6k. I've also checked over the Turbonetics NA-T kit from Titan Motorsports which is 4k. If anyone has installed one of these what kind of HP #'s did you get?

With the typical NA-T kit what kind of HP and Torque #'s would I be looking at with the following mods already completed:
GTE shortblock,Crower regrinded cams,Crower titanium valve springs,Vitek ignition wires, NGK spark plugs, HKS ignition booster box, Veilside titanium exhaust, and K&N intake.

So thats about it, if anyone can recommend a complete kit to me for around 6-8k that would be greatly appreciated. Also how much am I going to be looking to pay for installation and tuning?

Thanks,
Drago
What is the point of going for 350-450rwhp if your transmission is not prepared to handle it. Do you have funds set aside to strengthen your transmission?

·
Having More Fun Than You
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dejacky- My transmission is already as built as can be for a 5spd, off the top off my head i can remember having rps 6 puck clutch and mueller lightened flywheel installed.

·
Having More Fun Than You
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are there any other complete kits I'm missing? So far I've looked at Boostlogic and Turbonetics.

·
Registered
479 Posts
rushsupra said:
dejacky- My transmission is already as built as can be for a 5spd, off the top off my head i can remember having rps 6 puck clutch and mueller lightened flywheel installed.
so you built you 5spd? or did you just get a stronger clutch. even with the stronger clutch still prolly not going to hold a lot of hp without blowing. i mean some people have but majority of them havent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts