Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in purchasing a MKIV n/a and convert it to single turbo. I am unable to afford the TT so i am going to use the n/a motor. I am probalby going to use a t66 turbo on it as well. I do not like buying kits, so i am going to peice the kit together myself, its also cheaper. Does any one have any suggestion that could help me out. Will the n/a motor hold up to the power? I am looking to put down around 600rwhp. Any advice would be of great help.

Thanx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbo?

You say the t66 has too much lag. What turbo would you reccomed for the amount of power i am looking to put down. thanx for the reply

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:rolleyes:

Eh, you did see my reply, right? Dave's car makes >600HP with an SP63, which is a smaller, faster-spooling turbo than a T-66...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how you going to afford T66 when you can't afford TT. But, I guess it all depends on what kind of N/A you get and doing it yourself.... :)
Anyway, I agree with Eron, I think SP63 will be better choice for our N/A motor. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Discount Parts

I can afford to do the conversion because i can get just about any part at a discount. I am close freinds with a shop in PA.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engine swap

Actually, I recently saw a 2JZ-GTE complete with wiring harness + ECU go for < $3k on Ebay...

I'm thinkin' hmmmmm.... that might definitely be the way to go.

However, the 2JZ-GE's are enjoying quite a bit of life since it's used as the powerplant in the IS300. For instance, check out how PHR brought back the 2JZ-GE turbo kit that they discontinued for "lack of interest".

So with a single-turbo'ed 2JZ-GE you can't go wrong either.

hmmmm.

Decisions, decisions. How many ways to boost!

:D

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
hmmm .. it would seem like a good idea to simply get an NA and then just have SP throw an sp57 on it. thats good for more than BPU++++ power and can run on the stock fuel system with a couple new injectors i would think. Oh, and obviously an exhaust and any other electronic goodies as well. that should run about 8-9 grand installed. that still has the car below the average tt by at least a couple thousand, and leaves you with a single, plus lower insurance than the tt, if with the right company. i am seriously contemplating SP's kit now. The only reservation i have is a question of how many horses the tiny 57 can produce on a GE, as opposed to the GTE. i would figure roughly the same since the engine is relatively the same, and all the other goodies are included in the turbo kit such as intercooler, BOV etc. But then again i have no actual evidence of this, just theory. Anyone know for sure the comparison of this setup to the same on a twin turbo?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If i were to do this project it would not cost anywhere near the amount of 8 grand. I do not need a company to install parts for me, i am able to do them myself, which saves a lot of money. Alos there is no need to buy the kit, you would be better off peicing the parts together, it is cheaper. The n/a bottom end can hold easily 600rwhp, they do it all day.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might want to consider a turbo kit from F-Max. It comes with everything you'll need, including Garrett T04E-60, turbo manifold, intercooler, downpipe, intake and etc.... Even with hardware and fittings. All for around $4800. :D
Check them out, http://www.f-max.com/fmaxlexusturbosystem.htm
I was thinking about getting this kit for my NA. But, instead I bought a TT. :D

Danny

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F-Max kit?

Hrmm... can you really get 600 rwhp with the F-Max kit? I had heard the T04-E can't produce that type of power?

·
Registered
296 Posts
F-max limitation

I have heard that the F-max is a very limited and not so good turbo kit.

Talk to David H who has done it before and as a matter of fact, I believe that I trashed the F-max. By the way if you do not know David H, he is the dude with a 600 RWHP NA-Single Turbo car that ran 1/4 miles 10.86 seconds. Oh boy.... He got most of his "turbo kits" from Sound Performance. I would talk to him since he has tried several turbo kits already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts