Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i search on the forums but all i found is whats the parts that i need to do a rebuilt.. but nothing about the tools...

need help asap..


thanks

edited: also i forgot to ask but when the engine is rebuilt does it restore the old 230hp spec?
 

·
Captain Hammer
Joined
·
2,020 Posts
Note.... if you are asking these questions... you shouldn't be rebuilding a engine.. mainly..

"when the engine is rebuilt does it restore the old 230hp spec"

Get someone to help that knows whats going on... that is my advice.
 

·
HKS T51R
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
if you use all stock parts it will bring it back, because its like a brand new engine, if you use performance parts, like oversized pistons, raise the cr, and such, it will give you more than stock hp. well, engine stand would help alot, good torque wrench, cherry picker, all the basic tools to do anything, gasket scraper, valve lapping tool, and the compound, allan keys, sockets, alot of time and patience, carbon buildup remover thing, probably alot
more lol
 

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
Joined
·
3,378 Posts
buy the haynes manual gives you advice of all the tools needed. + use the TRSM to guide you. And get someone to help who knows what they are doing and ask tons of questions of what they are doing so you don't need help the second time. When ever you get a second chance.
 

·
HKS T51R
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
raven97990 said:
Note.... if you are asking these questions... you shouldn't be rebuilding a engine.. mainly..

"when the engine is rebuilt does it restore the old 230hp spec"

Get someone to help that knows whats going on... that is my advice.

not to offend anyone, but i agree, if your asking these questions you shouldnt be rebuilding it by yourself, unless theres a expert there watchin/helping
 

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
Joined
·
5,467 Posts
HPfreack_mk3 said:
i search on the forums but all i found is whats the parts that i need to do a rebuilt.. but nothing about the tools...

need help asap..


thanks

edited: also i forgot to ask but when the engine is rebuilt does it restore the old 230hp spec?

i dont want to sound ilke an asshole....but from reading a lot of your previous posts...and now this one...i HONESTLY dont think youre ready to rebuild an entire engine.

the 7m engine takes a lot of precise clearances and specs and if its not done right its a lot of money wasted.

do you even know what plastigage is? (this is an honest question)

you need to really think about this before wasting a ton of money....im not saying you CANT do it...im just saying you might want to wait to try and learn a LOT more before attempting it.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
im with idealsupra on this one, if you dont know what tools to use, dont do it, thats why he's doing my engine :bigthumb: or some of it atleast
 

·
General Hooligan
Joined
·
208 Posts
raven97990 said:
Note.... if you are asking these questions... you shouldn't be rebuilding a engine.. mainly..

"when the engine is rebuilt does it restore the old 230hp spec"

Get someone to help that knows whats going on... that is my advice.


:werdlol: that sounds about right to me, hmmm preferably a lot of tools, eheh ideal i was going to ask the same question bout a plastiguage
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
what is a platiguage. i rebuilt two engines already, but i really dont know the vocab too well. can you please tell me what that is. thanks. to know how to build engines is different from knowing the vocabulary. i'm bi-langual and i know what some of the things are called in one language, but not the other, and vise versa.
 

·
TOO broke MK3
Joined
·
841 Posts
artdowg said:
what is a platiguage. i rebuilt two engines already, but i really dont know the vocab too well. can you please tell me what that is. thanks. to know how to build engines is different from knowing the vocabulary. i'm bi-langual and i know what some of the things are called in one language, but not the other, and vise versa.

tell me about it... english is my second langauge aswell...
 

·
General Hooligan
Joined
·
208 Posts
a plastiguage is used to check the clearance on main/rod bearings, u stick it in there and torque the respective cap down and see how much it squeeshes....this translates into the clearance
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top