Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Actual member since 2001.
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched but didnt find any thread which is similar or could answer my question.

Can someone with a do me a favor and check there idle up/bump valve. I believe that mine is leaking vacuum. I get a hissing noise around the valve. Its the valve that to the right side of the PS pump and has 2 vacuum hoses running the the TB. When I spray carb cleaner on it the slightly slowed the idle down. My valve is secured tight but the black plastic with the 2 nipples rotates very slightly to the left and right, up and down. Another SF member checked his and it didnt have any play what so ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrzECBTKAQk

I'd greatly appreciate it, I really dont want to drop $80 if mines still good, thanks!

·
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I can check tonight before dinner maybe if the rain lets up. Hopefully someone else has time to check. Someone help a supraforum brother out!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
mine twists like that, but does not wobble back & forth

·
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you try unplugging BOTH vac lines that go to said valve, capping them off (both hoses obviously) and see if the idle issue goes away? :)
Duhh! Why didnt I think of that! I'll try that when I get home.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Did you try unplugging BOTH vac lines that go to said valve, capping them off (both hoses obviously) and see if the idle issue goes away? :)
Ralph is a pimp. Hope all is well man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts