Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure out why this is happening. My overflow keeps overflowing with coolant when i park the car. I don't know if it's doing it while driving, but something is wrong here, i think.

I know that my coolant temps are about perfect (90 degees C), i have a MKIV water pump, PWR rad., FAL 220's, Blitz rad. cap, and a good working thermostat.

I'm just baffeled as to what the cause of this could be.

Any help of suggestions on the matter would be great.

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm actually having a somewhat similar problem, only mine occurs whenever it feels like fucknig with me. Temp guage goes up.... then comes down and sits a little above average (broken shroud). Res. tank could be at the full mark, but when I park it's loaded, but does drain off after cooling down. Could the thermostat be sticking or is it a good sign of BHG Love?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that just logically doesn't make that much sense to me.

Temps are fine, boost is good, no coolant on the pistons, plugs are burning PERFECT, so to me that doesn't make any sense. I'm still wondering about the thermostat...

Any other suggestions?

Bryan

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
i agree with rad cap inspection. Also look into that block tester kit with the colored die just to make sure its not a bhg.

~scott

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's a brand new Blitz Cap!!

I was driving tonight and i think i found the problem. I'm actaully running TOO cold for the T-Stat to actually open enough. Thus, creating too much back pressure in the radiator causing it to vent into the overflow. And it's just putting too much coolant in the overflow causing it to overflow.

How does that sound as a theory?

Bryan

·
Registered
721 Posts
BigTSetter said:
I can't figure out why this is happening. My overflow keeps overflowing with coolant when i park the car. I don't know if it's doing it while driving, but something is wrong here, i think.

I know that my coolant temps are about perfect (90 degees C), i have a MKIV water pump, PWR rad., FAL 220's, Blitz rad. cap, and a good working thermostat.

I'm just baffeled as to what the cause of this could be.

Any help of suggestions on the matter would be great.

Thanks,

Bryan
Did you figure out the problem?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
ITR.00-1282 said:
does the coolant from the overflow get sucked back into the radiator?
It does when the fans turn on and the water in the radiator starts cooling off.
If its getting pushed out, it could be overfill, compression leak , air bubbles...etc

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
if it's doing it when the car is parked, the hot sun and the hot engine will continue to bake the coolant in the engine probably causing steam or more pressure which pushes it out.

Also I had this probelm when I had a small leak in one of my hoses when it was under pressure.

Acutally i'm still having that problem and I'm not sure why it was leaking as the hose looks fine!

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
I had the same exact problem. It was my thermostat. I took it out, gutted the center of it, making sure to leave enough of the outer part to act as a restricter plate, put it back together and never has the problem since.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i had a NAPA T-Stat in there and i JUST replaced it with a Toyota one. MUCH better quality and i'll be surprised if that doesn't do the trick. I've got all VERY good componants in there so we'll see what happens today. It's hot enough and i'll be doing some street rounds later.

Bryan

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
i was gonna shoot for ur rad cap... and i still believe that it is ur rad cap... oh yeah how long ago did u get the w-pump... aslo if u leave ur fans on does ur overflow still boil or not. the other possiblity could be ur fans.. check which way are they blowing!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts