Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a couple of months ago, I had new Bridgestone Potenza RE730 tires mounted and balanced on my stock TT rims. However, I notice the the tire on the rear driver side loses about 5psi per week. All the other tires say about the same. I leave it at 36psi on all fours, but when I check that one tire one week later, I get 30psi. What should I do? Is this normal? If not, should I go back to the tire mounting place and try to get them to mount it again? Any advice would be helpful.

D

·
0 Posts
Most likely it is your valve stem! Same thing happened to me twice and it turned out that the valve stem was loose! The people at the shop tried to get me to buy a new tire and I made them tighten the valve stem and it did the job. A good way to tell is to push the stem up or down and left or right and listen for air or you can put soap over it with a little bit of water and do the same thing and look for bubbles. It will cost you $20 for a shop to tighten it for you b/c the have to unmount and then balence the tire, just make sure you go to a shop that has a machine to balance 17in rims!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If it isn't your valve stem then you can have them dismount the tire and clean the bead on the rim.Sometimes with alluminum wheels after you put tires on and off a bunch of times the bead gets all nasty and doesn't make a good seal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts