Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically the subject is my entire post.
I lost a flywheel bolt, somewhere in the gigantic mess of two torn apart supras in my garage....um...yeah. so I can go to a hardware store or does the bolt have to be some sort of special space titanium typa deal from toyota only. I'm an idiot about bolts I guess, either that, or I just don't wanna fuck something up with a cheapo bolt from a store.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats probably going to end up happening I guess, but dont want to wait on the parts, my car is sooo close to being complete again. ah well

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Yeah a hardware store bolt probably won't weigh the same as a stock bolt -- I would assume this would fuck up any balance the flywheel has (granted the weight is close to the center)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Menards? you reveal you geographical location, and that you are also exposed to that stupid "save big money song".

Buy new bolts. Never screw with unknowns when working on the drivtrain or engine, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
If you use aftermarket bolts, make sure you can set them exactly opposite. This way, you can balance the weight offset. Toyota bolts are cheap, like 5 bucks for the set. I have an extra one if you need.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered my bolts from mutha fackin Curt<---the man, from elmhurst, so yeah, don't worry yall, I won't be sucked in by the commie clever marketing bastards of menards, or any other two bit hardware store.
"you reveal you geographical location" lol?

·
Rage Your Dream...
1,408 Posts
Bolts from ripoffs-r-us -err... Menards? Um.. the prospect of Menards bolts ANYWHERE on a car (important places, anyway) is kinda... frightening... ...good to know you didn't go that route.

As for the geographical location bit - the fact that someone actually pays attention to where other people are like that is kinda frightening too.. No Stalking!

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
91T4 said:
If you use aftermarket bolts, make sure you can set them exactly opposite. This way, you can balance the weight offset. Toyota bolts are cheap, like 5 bucks for the set. I have an extra one if you need.
they would be close, but the bolt pattern isnt symmetrical.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not worried if anyone tries to stalk me. I have a torque wrench and I"m fully prepared to use it until I can't feel my arm. I'll send someone back to hicghschool as a janitor anyday. Who wants to step up and be forced to ride a bus for the rest of their lives?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts