Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
got boost???
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
race my friend tnite and lost to him but not much he was probably ahead half a car length. spun my tires a little too much off the line and pulled ahead and it took him awhile before he kept up and i misshifted to 3rd which allowed him to pull ahead. o well i lost no excuses.

BTW its my first race, new driver vs. a expereince driver....hehe well time for me to start praticing some quick shifting and time for cat-back. and downpipe:)
 

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
Joined
·
2,293 Posts
Yeah give you shelf more practice and a couple small mods and you'll toast him
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Here's the plan:
  • Practice take-offs and shifting.
  • Mod engine, include boost controller.
  • Don't tell friend of any of this.
  • Race him again, later on but leave the boost turned down, let him win (so to speak).
  • Tell him you want one more race, crank up the boost and smile at him as you pass him like he's standing still. :D
Oh, make sure you film it so everyone can see the look on his face. He should be feeling pretty smug by the third race so his reaction should be pretty funny.

Yea, I know, I'm a mean SOB, but you have to admit it would be funny. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,123 Posts
Pulse1 said:
Here's the plan:
  • Practice take-offs and shifting.
  • Mod engine, include boost controller.
  • Don't tell friend of any of this.
  • Race him again, later on but leave the boost turned down, let him win (so to speak).
  • Tell him you want one more race, crank up the boost and smile at him as you pass him like he's standing still. :D
Oh, make sure you film it so everyone can see the look on his face. He should be feeling pretty smug by the third race so his reaction should be pretty funny.

Yea, I know, I'm a mean SOB, but you have to admit it would be funny. :p
that is a grade A idea :D :D
 

·
got boost???
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha good idea but my friend isn't an ass. he knos my car would easily take him with a good enough driver and some mods. he respects the supra. and i also respect his hatchback now since it can smoke all the other ricers out there. didn't have a video camera but next time for sure.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
supratkfy said:
haha good idea but my friend isn't an ass. he knos my car would easily take him with a good enough driver and some mods. he respects the supra. and i also respect his hatchback now since it can smoke all the other ricers out there. didn't have a video camera but next time for sure.
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that your friend was an ass, or anything, just that it would be funny to watch. :)

I pulled something similar on someone, my Probe hadn't been running right when we "raced" (nothing serious) and he beat me. Well, I got it all fixed, and he didn't know it. He wanted to race again and, well, the look on his face when I passed him was to priceless (I let him get a car length on me and then realed him back in). :)

Anyway, good luck with the car and let us know how things go! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Yeah, my one friend has a 99 EX Civic coupe, and I was in the car when he raced a MKIII Supra, I dunno if it was turbo or N/A and he beat it by 1/2 - 1 car length. He has a t3/t4 Apexi Turbo, Carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber trunk, Tein Suspension. Very JDM car, no rice in my friends cars. It puts down ~200 WHP at 10PSI. I dont think this has relevance, but you will toast him when you get that cat-back and Downpipe, It makes a HUGE difference, from what I hear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
927 Posts
dephtone said:
Yeah, my one friend has a 99 EX Civic coupe, and I was in the car when he raced a MKIII Supra, I dunno if it was turbo or N/A and he beat it by 1/2 - 1 car length. He has a t3/t4 Apexi Turbo, Carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber trunk, Tein Suspension. Very JDM car, no rice in my friends cars. It puts down ~200 WHP at 10PSI. I dont think this has relevance, but you will toast him when you get that cat-back and Downpipe, It makes a HUGE difference, from what I hear.
Apexi makes turbos? News to me...
Either way, a turbo civic should be pulling you easy if he's running like 7psi even(considering youre stock)...I raced one with 7psi on a T3/T4 when I was BPU and hitting fuel cut...He'd take me off the line but after that I'd pull him in pretty easily - Now with the lexus afm, ah it'd be a bit easy :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
This is why i dont post much anymore....back in the day this stuff would have been removed form the "proformance section" instantally

however SF has gone down hill badly over the last 2 years

please post in the right section
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,130 Posts
David_rg79 said:
This is why i dont post much anymore....back in the day this stuff would have been removed form the "proformance section" instantally

however SF has gone down hill badly over the last 2 years

please post in the right section
Agree'd, plus I destroyed turbo'd civics when I was stock :) hehe... all in the driving, practice makes perfect
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
I beat turbo'ed civics when i was in stock trim with a bhg...water injection baby...nothing like it
 

·
Tampa Bay Supras
Joined
·
707 Posts
Pulse1 said:
Here's the plan:
  • Practice take-offs and shifting.
  • Mod engine, include boost controller.
  • Don't tell friend of any of this.
  • Race him again, later on but leave the boost turned down, let him win (so to speak).
  • Tell him you want one more race, crank up the boost and smile at him as you pass him like he's standing still. :D
Oh, make sure you film it so everyone can see the look on his face. He should be feeling pretty smug by the third race so his reaction should be pretty funny.

Yea, I know, I'm a mean SOB, but you have to admit it would be funny. :p

put $$$ on the 2nd run ;) LOL
 

·
Rooftop Sniper
Joined
·
2,545 Posts
No way, you mean all Civics made from 1979-2004 didn't come stock from the factory with Altezza taillights and fart cannons?
 
Joined
·
3,796 Posts
Can you say Kill Section?
 

·
got boost???
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry guys for posting in the wrong section.
 

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
this story is a discrace to all supra owners:(
 

·
wha huh?
Joined
·
952 Posts
theres a civic hatch here on 8psi t3/t4 w/ ls vtec (b18 block, b16 head) gutted, ran an 11.9...good friend of mine
 
8

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
After he beats in the 1/4, take him out on the interstate for a top end run. When he hit fuel cut at 120, you can just keep going.
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Top