Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Translated:

Regarding the last frightening incident shown to you (that one of Audios RS6 uniform to half), in this case R-he who was to the guide is not unfortunately survivor to the impact. The crash has happened the slid week to Austin, in Texas, and, like it can easy be understood, leading has lost the control of its Lotus Elise, having ended outside road. Eloquent the value marked from the tachometer: 180 km/h. Ribadiamo once again (in the case ce was still need...) that the ideal place in order to run in machine is the track, not the roads opened to the traffic...

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
How did it end up like that going about 112mph? I think it's not the matter of the car being meant for streets or not, but a matter of being reckless on public roads.

Anyway, RIP. :(

·
chillin like a villain
640 Posts
that will happen to ANY CAR regardless of what type of car any person is driving if the person is drving like an idiot.

R.I.P

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
snap oversteer like the MR2?

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Oh man. That car is destroyed.

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
That Elise was hit by TWO cars...

RIP
Two large pickup trucks to be exact.

It's all over Elise Talk. The speedometer is very sensitive out of the car, so the needle could have easily moved around. Witnesses said he was going very fast though.

I don't think the outcome would've been any different with a Supra, Corvette, etc. Really any low sports car is pretty much screwed in that condition. Elise's are actually very safe in single car accidents and some accidents involving another vehicle. For a car of their size, it's pretty impressive really. This sort of accident, nothing can really save you.

The thing about the Elise is you don't have to be going fast to have fun on the street. An Elise at 40 is as fun as most cars at 80.

I don't see how an Elise is any less "meant to be on the streets" than a sport bike, which are much more dangerous.

·
Registered
702 Posts
well, when you're driving a tiny roadster thats made with plastic, aluminum, and carbon fiber, weighing in at just over 2000lbs, if you get hit by anything you're pretty much fucked.

I've been noticing that they've become quite trendy as daily drivers. I guess a lot of people look at them as an affordable exotic. In LA and south OC especially i've seen a lot. A suprising number of women i've noticed drive them also.

·
Registered
675 Posts
well, when you're driving a tiny roadster thats made with plastic, aluminum, and carbon fiber, weighing in at just over 2000lbs, if you get hit by anything you're pretty much fucked.

I've been noticing that they've become quite trendy as daily drivers. I guess a lot of people look at them as an affordable exotic. In LA and south OC especially i've seen a lot. A suprising number of women i've noticed drive them also.
+1

RIP...

careful on the streets guys...

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Sweet. I love the description. I was on the edge of my seat.

·
2JZ S13
2,207 Posts
OMG that is fucked!

RIP

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
The other day I saw an orange one. I had my ex girlfriend in the back of my Triumph, and he had his girlfriend, fuck-buddy or wife riding shotty. He wanted some, so I spanked his ass, LOL. But the car sure is a headturner, and small as fuck.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts