Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been looking into the Lotus Esprit V8 (96-04) and I'm having a hard time finding aftermarket/performance parts for them (especially companies in the US). Has anyone else looked into these cars and found a US source for aftermarket parts? I have plenty of info on where I can buy factory parts, and maintenance guides etc. but i'm looking for websites for mods. Any help is appreciated.

-Chris

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot guys. any further information is welcome too!

-Chris

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I worked at a dealership that sold them back in '97, and the Lotus mechanic told me they were extremely unreliable.
I always loved the look, but never got into them after hearing about the troubles they have.

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
I work for a European Exotic shop. We get a few in every now and then. We have a black 4 cylinder turbo in now. The owner snapped the timing belt for the 3rd time and it bent all but 2 valves. You have to pull the motor to change just the timing belt.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
re:

I too looked into the V8TT Esprits not that long ago. Basically, the consensus was (from one of the Esprit forums) if you weren't a huge fan of the highest order for the car, it probably was not for you due to it's many idiosyncrasies and reliability issues. I ended up passing on it, but that's not to say it couldn't be a fun and enjoyable week-end car. Good luck.

Sonny

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Transmission by Renault. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I remember Jeremy Clarkson saying he loved the car but that the transmission was the worst transmission ever placed in a sports car.

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
I agree. My uncle was shopping for 1 a couple of years ago. We went to the Lotus dealer in SLC and talked with both the salesman and 1 of the mechanics. He told us unless there is ALOT of cash sitting around for repairs/maintenance then he wouldn't recommend getting one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts