Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience with the Loudvalves.com boost activated cutout. It's only been a few hundred miles, but the cutout works as advertised. Like with any exhaust cutout I've used (SP, QTP) there's minimal exhaust leak, but no rattling and/or weird noise. I had it mounted before the first muffler on a Tanabe Touring Medalion as there wasn't much room along the downpipe.

The cutout is fully open at 6psi and actually starts to open around 3psi. The cutout is made of stainless steel so hoping it lasts a while. It opens and shuts quickly similar to SP's cutout. I'm going to update the thread as I put more miles on the car, but so far it's worked flawlessly and for the price it's hard to beat.

Loudvalves.com is the website and they currently carry a 2.5" and 3" version. Their prices are fairly competitive and my order shipped quickly.

·
Registered
171 Posts
is it strictly activated using PSI or is there an alternate way of opening the cut-out manually? Is there a way to "lock" it open even in idle?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it strictly activated using PSI or is there an alternate way of opening the cut-out manually? Is there a way to "lock" it open even in idle?
No idea, honestly.

Looking at their Facebook page, use promo code SPRINGSALE to get 15% off!!!

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Does it have a "half moon" welded to the butterfly valve like the Sound Performance one does?

If not, the valve will bend at some point and start to leak. Even the first SP ones had one, but it was too small and the valve bent. They have since upgraded it.

EDIT:
Looks like it's just a china made cut out valve and rebranded:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60398394656.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.MVsGYb

Pretty heft profit selling them at $159 when they are $32 at Alibaba :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it have a "half moon" welded to the butterfly valve like the Sound Performance one does?

If not, the valve will bend at some point and start to leak. Even the first SP ones had one, but it was too small and the valve bent. They have since upgraded it.

EDIT:
Looks like it's just a china made cut out valve and rebranded:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60398394656.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.MVsGYb

Pretty heft profit selling them at $159 when they are $32 at Alibaba :D
It actually has the 'half moon' you mentioned on both sides helping prevent leaks. I had the first version of SP's cutout and this seals much better honestly.

Thanks for the link. I got a better deal than his MSRP, but damn that's definitely a huge margin!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts