Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy.

Just got this today, it's custom made thanks to an engineering mate of mine. I had decided to replace my 93 6spd gearknob with a factory one and was left with a semi-reasonable gearknob to use. Combined with the disappointment of finding that my 53mm coffee tamper wasn't in fact 53mm but instead let coffee up the side of my basket, I decided to do something about it.

The base is stainless steel and the bottom surface will be polished tomorrow. It weighs 600gm compared to my commercial one that weighs 200gm.

For those who don't bother with espresso and americans:
To make espresso coffee at home you squash it into the holder, usually with a round weight. I made a weight that uses the factory jdm gearknob.

Against my machine, will hopefully get better pictures tomorrow. Really wanted to put the new gearknob on for pictures but the pitch is slightly different and so would ruin the plastic thread

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't have those here. Would definitely buy one if it transformed like in the commercials :D

I just use a Vibiemme Domobar Jr. which suits my needs. The difference in coffee is amazing between US and au/nz. Guess it reflects the cultures and influences on each country by how coffee was introduced. The great thing about travelling between these countries is you get to appreciate the subtle differences more.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
We don't have those here. Would definitely buy one if it transformed like in the commercials :D

I just use a Vibiemme Domobar Jr. which suits my needs. The difference in coffee is amazing between US and au/nz. Guess it reflects the cultures and influences on each country by how coffee was introduced. The great thing about travelling between these countries is you get to appreciate the subtle differences more.
true.... like being able to chew on your coffee while you drink it in germany lol.

or having a can of "american coffee" in japan and seeing what they think we drink over here, tastes nothing like "american coffee" lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.