Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuff like this always happends to me and my cars. I was driving home from work yesterday. I stoped at a light, I was 7-8 cars back. And BLAM some girl knocks into me from behind. She wasn't going all that fast, but it made a preay good "Ta-Wack" noise. Upon investigating further. The bumper cover looks to be completely unharmed. But the styrofoam (or what ever they use under the bumper) is dented underneath, and on one side the bumper cover doesn't line-up perfectly with the rear-quarter pannel (it's off by like 2-3 millimeters). I'll take it to a body shop today to get a profesitional's take on the matter. What needs to be done here to get back to new condition? I assume just replacing the stuff under the bumper cover will fix the cover not lineing up with the quarter pannel, right? I don't think the metal bumper would be bent underneath the cover but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Man, I feel for ya dude. You just got that car too, didn't you. That dumb bitch. Probably doing her fucking make up or something instead of watching the road.

They may just need to realign the bumper without replacing anything underneath. That's pretty easy to do for a body shop. Supra's are a little more difficult because of the tight panel tolerance. Mine has a few panels slightly out of line, I know that it's been in a wreck though, just haven't had time to get it fixed.

·
0 Posts
You need to take it from behind like a PRO.
Mary-Kate Olsen said:
Stuff like this always happends to me and my cars. I was driving home from work yesterday. I stoped at a light, I was 7-8 cars back. And BLAM some girl knocks into me from behind. She wasn't going all that fast, but it made a preay good "Ta-Wack" noise. Upon investigating further. The bumper cover looks to be completely unharmed. But the styrofoam (or what ever they use under the bumper) is dented underneath, and on one side the bumper cover doesn't line-up perfectly with the rear-quarter pannel (it's off by like 2-3 millimeters). I'll take it to a body shop today to get a profesitional's take on the matter. What needs to be done here to get back to new condition? I assume just replacing the stuff under the bumper cover will fix the cover not lineing up with the quarter pannel, right? I don't think the metal bumper would be bent underneath the cover but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
ROTFL!

Sorry, but it's just really damned funny to see Mary-Kate Olson posting about getting a "Love tap" from behind:ky:

Seriously though - don't second guess the bodyshop. Take it someplace that knows their stuff and let THEM decide what to do. They know their job better than someone who's not seen the car guessing from behind the keyboard somewhere. Get it fixed "right" and expect the woman to hit you to bitch about the cost and how you're taking her to the cleaners, extortion etc. etc. - that always happens :rolleyes: You do have her insurance information right? Just in case... I've been forced to resort to that at least once after someone balked at paying for an accident that was THEIR fault :(

M

·
0 Posts
Is this for real

Is this really mark kate olson...or someone using her name..what is goin on

·
Registered
922 Posts
The estimate isn't going to tell you jack until they start taking the car apart. Car her insurance and have them pay. If you just take a check you will probably get much less than its going to cost to repair the car.

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the estimate it's for a little over $500. The gas tank or just the gas tank cover is dented. The bumper cover needs to be repainted, and the supports under the cover need to be fixed. Now I have to call the insurence company. I hate dealing with adjusters. They always write up the claim with non-OEM parts and so on and so forth.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
supra_10 said:
pooshda,

What's the exhaust that you have there? I like it.

Jay :cool:
Tanabe Racing Medallion... I like it too :D

Its one of the loudest and most aggresive sounding exhuasts for the Supra.. If you want one thats loud and mean sounding Id definately recommend it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts