Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Those can't be supra gauges; Are they? The gauges you have posted have a boost gauge, and it's only 180km/h. Shouldn't it be 180mph? 180km/h is kind of small to be on a supra mostly a mkiv. Just wondering. Let us know what they are if you have more info.

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these are in fact supra gauges

these are supra gauges that came in japan and europe after the 98 supra.. so 99+ supras in japan i'm asuming because we never got anything after 98 and the 93.5-98 have the same gauge setup.. i know these are infact supra gauges because they are pictured in my Hyper Rev supra magazine from japan.. as for the 180km/h i think trd released a higher km/h speedo in japan for tuners such as us.. they actually sell the higher km/h speedos on taka kaira.. the only place that i know i can get the gauge cluster from is Bozz Performance because they've helped me import direct parts from japan on a few ocasions in the past for another car regardless they be jdm or after market.. the thing that worries me is if any of us do this gauge cluster conversion our wire harnesses would not match up right due to the added boost gauge.. and the fact that the speedo reads in km/h

Brian

S

·
0 Posts
damnit!!

I guess since they are for the 99 j-spec supra that means they are only availible for right hand drive cars man that sux. Did any other contries get 99's? maybe Austrailia

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
even if it is jdm spec we should still be able to fit it on our cars.. it's not as directional as an entire dash.. it's just the fact that we need to rewire to acomadate the boost gauge and replace the km/h with a US spec mph gauge.. should be a easy replacement.. the conversions not impossible but might not be easy though.. i wanted to do it personally and keep it on the dl but i decided to share this idea with everyone..

Brian

I

·
0 Posts
95jza80tt the yellow supra in you sig section. the gif... is the front bar on that pic real? is it available? who is the manufactorer?

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
I spend a great deal of time in Japan and learned many things on their country's limits they place on manufacturers. Like they cannot produce guages over 180km/h nor say their cars go over a certain speed- hence the speed limiter.

Same with motorcycles over there. To get a license for a bike over 400cc costs about $5K and 2 out of 10 people actually pass the test.

US had the same thing in the 80's thanks to Ralph Nader. Remember all those Fords that their speedos only went to 85mph? Sure was fun pegging it and then letting off on the gas and see how long it would stay pegged!

Why would you want km/h speedo anyways?!

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
That's understandable.

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
1,764 Posts
Well if we could get the gauges just remember that we would have to get a new dash piece that lets those gauges fit into the dash. But it would be sweet to get those!!

I

·
0 Posts
Ummm.. i hate to birst your guys bubble, but.. well ..i think those are Mitsubishi Lancer gauges. I KNOW the Lancer evo 7 has gauges JUST LIKE that and the American lancer has gauges like the evo 7's. soo i dunno...
take it easy guys...
..oh and that probably explains the 180 km/h tach.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
768 Posts
The facelift Jap spec cars came with those gauges, roughly about 96.5 - 97. So unfortunately only available on RHD cars.

I don't think any export cars ever received those updated gauges. The only time we see them here in the UK is on imported cars, which tends to be the majority of Supra's.

All reports indicate that the boost gauge is utter shite, and comparable to the one that came in the MKIII.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts