Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got off from school today because of all the flooding around here so i decided to take a trip to union beach to see my car at the shop with my friend joe. Im really excited to see the car finally coming together and i just wanted to share some of the progress pics with some of you guys! :)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/805673/7

,scott

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeaup

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
kewl..all that stuff, and you kept the stock intake manifold? why didnt you be a big baller and get a custom one like a Virtual Works?

·
11,221 Posts
The water flooding is crazy. The rivers and lakes around here got so overflooded that it rised up into the streets. Also all the major roads were closed like a mofo.

Hope to see yous at ne2k7.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
looking good so far.tell don i said hi and will be stopping by soon to chat.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^will do haha... i was going to buy an msp racing intake from one member, but he decided not to sell it so i figured i would just save my money and buy one when ever i build the motor some time down the road.

the car has drag radials on it right now, but if the car doesnt hook ill probably use the money i had saved for an intake on a ccw drag package.

thanks

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
Looks good so far, keep us updated!! Will probably see you in the summertime hangin around Somerville on Friday evenings!!

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Cause he is 18, in school and his parents paid for the car, and he is dumping his life savings into this

kewl..all that stuff, and you kept the stock intake manifold? why didnt you be a big baller and get a custom one like a Virtual Works?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not sure if i should take offense to that or not, but this is not my entire life savings nor did my parents pay for the entire car. im not going to get into this now tho... i just made the thread to show some of you guys the progress on my supra and that im really excited to see some of you guys this summer

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
GV OD Unit, Baller stuff right there

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
Interesting build-up. look forward to seeing the finished product at NE2k7.

Let us know how the tranny is when you get it back

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
H8R!!!

Looks good scott.

Turbosupra... Is it a problem since my GF bought me my supra?
The guy isn't a hater, he is a realist. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that an 18 year old with a 25-30k car who can throw 10k+ in parts and labor at it isn't paying for it himself while he is going to college unless he is getting financial assistance elsewhere. Either that or he is piling up some serious credit card debt.

And to your second question it would only be a problem if you were acting like you bought it yourself. No one cares who buys the cars, people just get pissed when people try to pass it off as their own. As in they paid for it with their own money that they actually earned the hard way. A lot of people on this site are spoiled kids who saw F+F and got their parents to buy them a Supra...

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
The guy isn't a hater, he is a realist. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that an 18 year old with a 25-30k car who can throw 10k+ in parts and labor at it isn't paying for it himself while he is going to college unless he is getting financial assistance elsewhere. Either that or he is piling up some serious credit card debt.

And to your second question it would only be a problem if you were acting like you bought it yourself. No one cares who buys the cars, people just get pissed when people try to pass it off as their own. As in they paid for it with their own money that they actually earned the hard way. A lot of people on this site are spoiled kids who saw F+F and got their parents to buy them a Supra...
IIRC, Scott didn't come on here bragging about anything ,just to share some pics of his car and where it's at in the build process. As for turbosupra, realist or not, there was no need to post that comment. my .02

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Ease back on the haterade there people. If he really doesn't deserve the car, he will crash it in short order with all that power on tap. If he is worthy, he can enjoy it in good health, no matter who paid for it.

Right now, it is looking good. What is all that foam stuff in the trunk though? Homemade sub enclosure?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys...its ok i paid for 1/4 of the car, my mom paid another 1/4 and my, grandpa paid the other half, some of the parts listed above are b day gifts and others are from xmas. The rest have been bought with my own money, be it the checks i get every month from my dads death or the hard earned cash i get from work... as said above lets not get into this i just wanted to share some pics

haha and yea its sub encloser foam, it looks like the car is filled with snow tho. Don just had to take it out to get to the fuel pumps.

more updates coming this coming weekend!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts