Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from the dragway. Until now, I've only been able to hit an 11.86 at 121, which was last weekend with a 1.9 60'. I am still on the stock fuel, with a T-58 turbo running 21 psi.

I decided to pull my ECU fuses for the first time at the dragway, to see if there would be any difference and I put in 2 gallons of 104 unleaded with 1 gallon of 93.

So, I was able to get 1.8 60' on my DR's, 295/30 or 35/R18. By the time I was at the 1/4 I was over 7k rpm's. I trapped at 125 mph with a 11.3 run!!!!

I was so amazed that this turbo could do such a thing. So I might just keep this turbo, and do all of my track time with it. It seems to be doing a lot better now.

But, my 1st gear is popping out more often now. Time to get it send to Jay to get my Getrag rebuilt.

Here is a picture of my timeslip! No video unless someone else got some footage.

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts
alright practice to get it deeper.

·
Boost Junkie
12,734 Posts
Great pass man. Your car really moves on the top end. 28mph is a lot for such a small turbo.

Steve

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evill Supra said:
Great pass man. Your car really moves on the top end. 28mph is a lot for such a small turbo.

Steve
I was looking at my times yesterday and I noticed I did gain 28 mph after the 1/8. Very impressive for such a small turbo.

My clutch took a beating though. it is an RPS stage 2 with a street disc and I have around 50 passes on it right now, and I'll say about 30-35 of those passes are 6k slips!

I have a fuel system just begging to go in the car right now, even though the turbo is pretty much maxed out. I'll be looking for a DBB 67mm turbo soon enough, or perhaps I might keep this turbo, I don't know. Maybe I can swap between turbos depending on what I go do haha.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I can't wait to run my old supra that my friend bought. How warm were u getting those bfg's? I pulled a 1.69 on them in our 03 cobra (still has irs).

-Corey

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did small burnouts, not much smoke, and when I went back to the staging lanes, the tires felt a little warm to my touch, so i'd say around 100 F at most. I think I can pull atleast 1.7's with them, since I have done a few 1.80's. Maybe Ill go a few more times and perhaps hit a 10.9 if I am lucky!

·
HIGH OFF BOOST
788 Posts
Big ups nice numbers

·
Registered
538 Posts
Are you still on a maf? Is your redline raised? What octane?

-Corey

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GigaMp3z said:
Are you still on a maf? Is your redline raised? What octane?

-Corey
I have a VPC, GCC combo. Redline is at 7500, and I used 104 octane because I ran out of pump going down the track(haha). But boost was the same on pump, 21 psi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts