Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well car isn't running like it used to and i'm lucky if i get 7 psi out of it and its kinda slow to reach that.... and can't get that in low gears.

The turbo still seems to have no play.. and i can spin it.. but as soon as i stop spinning it stops.. (shouldn't it rotate a little and come to a stop)

I have an AVCR

No matter how i set the AVCR it doesn't change anything

should the solinoid be normaly closed??? or open.. I have tested it.. it works.. but its normaly open.

next though is that the wastegate is stuck open at a specific spot.. so that it only allows so much boost.

so that it may be the actuator... how abouts do i test that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
also check if u have a very very slight boost leak...a lil crack may not cause the full effect of a boost leak but may be noticable like that
its wut happened when my HKS SQV (1st gen POS plastic) cracked on me

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
whats your boost gauge read with nothing on and brakes off? if its lower than 20 i would check for boost leaks.

if that checks out id say you have a broken wastegate spring

<l><l>

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
if the wastegate is stuck open it will create all the symptoms your car has. my vote is actuator... or matbe just a clogged wastegate flapper. the avcr should be open when off, otherwise it would overboost whenever it was turned off. make sure that the wastgeate will open and close all the way with the actuator disconnected, and that there is spring pressure in th actuator. if the spring is broken it wont close by itself. if that all turns out to be okay then look for a boost leak

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stupid e-clip that holds the actuator to the flapper had come off..

It was to hot last time to check that

ts fixed.. thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts