Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
THE Computer DR.
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a blitz turbo timer/boost gauge this weekend. Got in the car, everything worked fine, but when I took it for a test drive, I noticed I was only peaking at about 8.5psi boost. I have not installed a boost controller and my car is a completely stock TT with a Blitz intake, that's it. Anyone have any idea why it's boosting so low? Is it easy to pinch the vacuum hose thus reading a lower value? The car runs great and the boost "feels" really strong, so I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue. thanks.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
So, you have nothing to go on other than seat-of-the-pants feel? Yes, the hose can get kinked. Is yours kinked? How should we know- go check it. If the car "runs great" and "feels strong" then I guess you have your answer.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I would link another (mechanical) boost gauge into the line with a T and look what this is saying. Just to be sure what´s going on under your hood.
BTW: WHere did you take the pressure source from?

·
THE Computer DR.
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i think i figured it out. I had never really done a long pull in a higher gear. Did that and got a peak boost of .83hkpa (about 12 psi), I also removed a zip tie where it could have been pinched.

I guess the stock twins don't hit full boost in the lower gears??

I'm taking the reading from in between the "t" and the boost pressure sensor at the intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I started to write that the max boost on the first turbo is around 8 psi but I figured from your post that "peaking" meant you did a WOT pull. I suggest that you look around on the forum for information about the sequential system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts