Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok , i asked a reliable source about getting maximum hp from a N/A supra and he said there are some turbo kits, or you can get a custom engine (E.G. a low compression motor) what is a low compression motor????? and how much would it be???????

·
#1 Curb Magnet- Oki Grown
40 Posts
you dont have to get a new motor to change compression just lower compression pistons and internals that way you can add boost without enging failure. the lower your compression the higher boost you can run. But that in turn cost power too but its a small price to avoid leaning out and blowing gaskets or worse.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it depends on your application for your supra. if it's going to be mostly a drag or auto x car, you can run higher compression for more bottom end power when using a higher octane gas i.e 110 octane. if it's going to be a daily driver, your going to want a lower compression ratio because you will mostly be using 93 octane. the stock tt motor has 8.5:1 and the na i beleive has around 10:1. a good idea fro a daily driver turbo is to never put in any other gas than premium (92 or 93 octane). the higher the octane, the less cahnce of detonation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts