Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a drop spring that will drop me at least 2" or more. Is there a set available? The lowest drop spring I can seen to find is Intrax which is something like 1.5"-1.8" drop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About how low of drop (in inches) are we talking? Would I still be able to fit 18"s under a drop this low (or any drop under 2") without rubbing?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Dieselboy said:
About how low of drop (in inches) are we talking? Would I still be able to fit 18"s under a drop this low (or any drop under 2") without rubbing?
H&R's drop the car a ridiculous amount IMO. It's just too low. You bump and scrape on damn near everything.

In regards to 18's, that depends on the widths and offsets. I have 18x9's and 18x10's and with Eibach's the fronts rub on ocassion during turns and entering and exiting driveways. I don't even want to know what it would be like with H&R's. H&R's drop the front 1.6 (or so they say) and Eibachs drop 1.0 or 1.3.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
sup man..

damn you live in seattle, and your car looks identical to mine, well, it did, mines gettin painted right now. I have H&R's, and I love em. I don't see why everyone always says they are too low, and you will scrape on everything. I rarely scrape, I can even go over speed bumps fine, you just gotta slow down so your lip don't hit. Yea, of course you have a much large chance of scraping, but if you saw my driveway you wouldn't believe me that I can get in my garage without scraping. I would come by and show you my car, to show how it sits, but like I said earlier, it's being painted right now. We should meet up after my car is done :)

I say get em! I drive on the same roads as you and I have no problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Trent. Can anyone point me in the direction of websights to find the H&R's and other drop springs for the MKIII?

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
You might want to look into a set of coilovers. You can get almost any height you want and the struts are typically stronger so you'll scrape less on bumps in the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fatboy: Yeah, Ive seen your car, its sexy as hell. I was hoping you'd show up to the meet on the 28th or the Dyno session at Torque Freaks. I love seeing other silver MKIII's like mine, just gives me ideas. I would definitly like to see how the H&R's sit (got pics???? ;) ).

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
I like the ride height of my koni/intrax combo.. looks pretty low to me, but not too low.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts