Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of mods have you guy's done to increase your low end torque?(2-4k rpm range)and for those gears to run out faster.I've tried advancing my timing on the distributer and got some improve ment,then I installed a piggy back computer.However,when the guy(using a laptop computer to program the piggy back unit) was trying to increase the increments between 2-4k rpms on the power band.The car started either misfiring or detonating,we cant tell what it is.One guy suggested that the sound came from one leaking plug wire.But if that was so wouldnt the car mis-fire continuosly even whilst accelerating?So I'm going to up grade my plug wires to see if that solves the" mis fire problem"Is anyone running a piggy back computer,and can give me some tips on fine tuning the car?I'm lost here.I was thinking maybe I should back down from the cars stock 10 degree distributer timing to maybe 8 degrees and then use the piggy back computer from there,to increase the power band.So far I've Installed an intake which is helping the top end.But low end still sucks.Anyone.........Anyone.......BTW I have a 95 na auto.:(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll be installing the Apexi-AFC along with 2 Jun Cams within the next 2 weeks and will go to a place with a dyno to test and tune them. I also have a 95 NA Auto and currently have the HKS Mega Flow so the gains should be comparable to your car aswell. Once I have it installed and tuned I will post the Dyno sheet for you and see if I can extract any more low-end power.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was told that the adjustable cam gear will probably be the best bet to get some low end. Off course, remember to adjust for low end gain :)

If $$$ is not any issue, you can probably get the AEM programable ECU and tune it for low-end power.

Just a thought

1 - 3 of 3 Posts