Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
JE, AEM, OS Giken'd 7M
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an incredibly low fuel cut, like 10-11 usually. I'm running a full 3" exhaust (including an SS 3" elbow) and an HKS SMF intake. I've also got an AVC-R Boost Controller. However, a friend and I thought that it could be the Lexus electronics screwing something up, but on inspection here's what we found:

Our replacement was put in, and read a flat 3hz on the S-AFC2, so it's assumed dead, but is there any truth that the Lex. electronics could be causing my rich condition at idle and a low fuel cut off point? I've checked 95% of the system for boost leaks, and don't see anyplace that could have them.

·
Boost Dealer
980 Posts
3Hz on the AFC means dead for sure.

Jeff

·
JE, AEM, OS Giken'd 7M
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drjonez said:
no problems w/the lex electronics here....been running them for 3 yrs.
X-man said:
Like Doc said, I also ran Lex electronics for 2 yrs and never had any problems.
Thanks guys, I guess that eliminates that from my trouble shooting list.

The 3Hz Thing:
Whereas many people would normally have to bust out their multimeter and check the AFM Electronics via the TSRM Specs, Since I've got an S-AFC2 (an SAFC would do the trick as well) I can see what the AFM is reading. In short, with the car off, the AFC reports that it's seeing 3Hz, (I'm assuming this is a base level instead of Zero) then when I'd start it, it would sit at 3Hz. Idles just fine, but when it should be seeing 40hz comin' in at idle and it was seeing 3hz, it definately meant something was off.

Oh well.

Then on that topic, I've got a problem, I've got full 3" exhaust, SS Elbow included, 1 cat, SMF Intake, AVC-R Boost Controller, and a few other random mods. BUT! Just to get to 11psi, I had to completely back out the stock AFM Screw. And even then my fuel cut is incredibly low. I can't find leaks in any of the pipes, and I run incredibly rich at idle. So much that I've been unable to pass emissions. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had an absolute bastard of a time trying to track down an AFM fault on my car. I had exactly the symptoms as you describe, 3Hz showing on the SAFC. Tried three replacement units, no change. Tired continuity checking all the way from the AFM multiplug to the ECU, no problems there. It turns out that the SAFC itself was fried! Everything worked fine, it just wouldn't see any signal from the AFM input. Got an SAFC2 now and that solved the problem :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
With my stock AFM I suffered rich burn just as you describe. Now with the Lex and a K&N the problem has gone away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts