Supra Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Did the battery die when the alternator went out? If so, a low battery would cause your hesitation. And with the time between the swap and now would have given it time to charge.
+1 Your battery was dead, so the alternator started charging with a high current to get the battery back up to where it should be, hence increasing load on the engine to make up for the friction in the alternator.
If your battery is dead and you install a new alternator and jump start the car your the odds of killing the alternator or pretty high. Pull the battery and put it on a charger for the evening (or just pull the negative terminal and put the charger on). If your alternator kicks the bucket in a month, This is why.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I believe the battery did have something to do with this. The battery was low when I started the car. But once it got going for a bit after driving it home it idled fine, 650 exactly. And I'll take a look at a few of the spark plugs to see what they look like. But, I'm going to be changing them soon anyways. The car had been sitting for a while before I bought it a few weeks ago, so it's on my list of things to do since a lot of things are probably due to be changed...

I just replaced the alternator an belt on my 2000 infinite G20. Now when I'm setting at a light for more than 15 secs. It starts to stall out. I righted the belt at work the next day. Now at a light it doesn't stall out but it acts like it wants to. It will idle down almost to 0 an then jump back up to 1 before it cuts off. Did I do something wrong?
Are you lost?

Also, you contradicted yourself by saying it "doesn't stall out" and then "it cuts off".

This seems like another burner account. Becoming more rampant around here. More necro bumps than ever before dude.

If

If you exactly read what I wrote I said after I tightened the tension belt it doesn't stall at lights but it acts as if it is. People came to the site for help not for attitude. Het your head out your butt an help people. Stop trying to put people down makes a bad name for yourself
And I said BEFORE IT CUTS OFF it idles back to 1. But i found the problem myself. so much for your help with your smart ass mouth I'll make sure I post these conversation all over social media so people can see how helpful this site truly is. #Asshole
Bro............
[play "one of these things is not like the other"]

[/play "one of these things is not like the other"]

If

If you exactly read what I wrote I said after I tightened the tension belt it doesn't stall at lights but it acts as if it is. People came to the site for help not for attitude. Het your head out your butt an help people. Stop trying to put people down makes a bad name for yourself
Whoa turbo, I'm just poking at you for posting on the Supra forums when you clearly don't have a Supra. Which is fine, we're all willing to help here. Also, its a really old thread so you seemed like a bot.

From the little info we have, I'd say either your belt still isn't properly on or your alternator/battery need to be checked. There are many things that can cause low idle.

So anyway, my lemon tree hasn't been doing so well these last few months. I know it's winter, but I really think it's dead.
Besides scratching the surface of the base and seeing if it's still green underneath, anyone else have some suggestions?

So anyway, my lemon tree hasn't been doing so well these last few months. I know it's winter, but I really think it's dead.
Besides scratching the surface of the base and seeing if it's still green underneath, anyone else have some suggestions?
Bro...Are you sure it's 'grounded'? Make sure you check the roots for bad connections.
Sometimes if you give them a good tap, they start right up again.

You know anything about Goldfish? Mine keeps spitting it's food out of the bowl. Sick of it.

Bro...Are you sure it's 'grounded'? Make sure you check the roots for bad connections.
Sometimes if you give them a good tap, they start right up again.

You know anything about Goldfish? Mine keeps spitting it's food out of the bowl. Sick of it.
:D Ahhhh... see this guy... this guy gets it!

To answer your goldfish question; typically this is a result of obedience training. Although difficult, it's sometimes necessary to put them in time out.
Remember, tough love is still love.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.