Supra Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Rejoined
30 Posts
Wow! I'm glad that has fixed it for you; makes the driving experience a whole lot better!

·
handy with the steel
415 Posts
I was told that not having the air filter was causing the hot air from the fan to go into intake and throw off the MAF reading.
not sure why this would matter, the MAF has an AIT sensor so it should compensate for warmer air, unless the air was so hot that it was outside of the range of the sensor.

my guess is the air was really turbulent, or just otherwise not smoothly entering the MAF so it was screwing with the reading, and the air filter fixed that. just a guess 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
Rejoined
30 Posts
But that "guess" seems to make sense. I hadn't realized earlier that there was no air filter in place.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,402 Posts
I was told that not having the air filter was causing the hot air from the fan to go into intake and throw off the MAF reading.
You still have hot engine bay air going into your shiny new air filter. The temperature hasn't changed.

You had NO air filter at all before? Why were you running like that?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The car came with an aftermarket intake. The initial problem was a rev cut when accelerating. I removed the intake filter and the problem went away.

Taking in the extra air from the fan into the intake pipe I’m assuming that was throwing off the low idle reading. Once I installed new intake the issue is gone.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts