Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Pot Hole Slalom
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed out my waterpump, put a new timing belt and idler pulley. The car just has a cat-back exhaust and HKS intake. No other mods or ecu's. On a cold start the car idles at 3-400rpm. The timing was set using the marks on the cam gears and set to 0 on the crank pulley.

The car drives fine, boost is strong, but when I come to a stop (put the car in neutral) the car almost wants to shut off but doesn't...it just slowly jumps back to about 400rpm or so. I checked for loose vac lines, but i didn't touch anything else during the fix. The car ran perfect before this. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
What about the water temp sensors located in the upper water neck? The neck has to be removed in order to install the water pump. Check that wiring to insure it did not pull loose. Or the connector could be brittle from years of heat from the turbo. Seen this issue many times, GL.

· Registered
748 Posts
If you reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery or pulling fuses the idle always starts out rough/low. After a few runs (100 miles) it should rebuild its fuel table and idle will normalize back to 650 or so. If it doesn't, you may need to recalibrate the TPS to get a good idle.

· Pot Hole Slalom
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the battery was disconnected. Forgot about the ECU learning again. I took it out for a couple of hours today and things seem back to normal. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.