Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just fix my radiator leaking problem and now is working right. The prolem now is that my coolant is very very low. The bottle is almost empty. whoat should i do

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i guess i need to buy some red coolant myself. whats the mix ratio? 50/50? regular water or distill water? Whats distill water?

thanks

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
just do a 50/50 mix if you can't afford a complete flush.

Use distilled water, it is different form bottled water. Soidium content being key I believe.

Toyota red is $15/gallon.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how many bottle / gallon of red coolant do i need? where can i get distill water

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make yur own distilled water, pour tap water into a pot, cook it until it boils, let it cool down and you got distilled water.

Complete system flush takes 10 quarts, or one bottle of coolant, and same size bottle of water. If you only wanna add coolant, pour 50/50 mixture into the radiator when the car is cold, and top off the coolant overflow tank.....run the car to operationg temp, then top off the coolant overflow tank.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Complete system flush takes 10 quarts, or one bottle of coolant, and same size bottle of water. If you only wanna add coolant, pour 50/50 mixture into the radiator when the car is cold, and top off the coolant overflow tank.....run the car to operationg temp, then top off the coolant overflow tank.
Thanks guys. However, i still kinda confused. So i pour mixture from radiotor cap ( or overflow tank?) untill it top off overflow tank, then run car to operationing temp then top off overflow again. I know i am dumb but isnt distill water like drinking water? Is it the same water that i can get at those air/water machine from gas station?

·
Registered
922 Posts
MONSTER said:
Make yur own distilled water, pour tap water into a pot, cook it until it boils, let it cool down and you got distilled water.

This doesn't sound right to me. Distilled water would be the water that evaporated. The water left in the pot has more impurities that you don't want in you cooling system.

Also doesn't just the radiator hold 2 gallons of fluid and the engine would hold at least another two if you were doing a complete drain and flush.

And why would you top off the overflow tank. Some people have mentioned that some fluid may get sucked out of there. But its purpose is to catch fluid if your radiator is overflowing. Why would you fill it up?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
When I did my complete flush, it took a gallon of distilled water and a gallon of the coolant.

·
Registered
934 Posts
exactly as greensoup said, i cracked up when i read Monster's explanation of distilled water because he's making it worse by boiling it :) whatever water is left, is even more mineral concentrated now.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
MONSTER said:

or you could fork over a whole 89cents for a gallon from the store

·
Very Senior Member
9,955 Posts
Adrian98 said:
or you could fork over a whole 89cents for a gallon from the store
Ed Zachary!!!!!! :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Maybe he already has a still and can make use of that! :nono:

BTW - what's up with this "guest" business?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Change your rad cap, this is the most common cause of low coolant.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
have you guys noticed that this thread is five years old?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts