Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
if you're at idle, the factory oil guage should be somewhere around zero. However, if you're uncertain just check the dipstick.

·
SMFL
223 Posts
s13slide said:
if you were low on oil, would it show up on a oil pressure guage?
Yes. The pump is putting less volume through the same size. It would be the same as expanding the restriction.

·
Registered
559 Posts
my factory oil gauge always shows slightly above zero once its warm...when its cold its usually at 40 when idling. oil levels were always good, havent had a problem for almost a year

·
Knockin the rod in slopra
811 Posts
dont be lazy... check your dipstick regularly... very regularly.. this is the main reason why our cars are notorious for rodnocks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a greddy gauge... for some reason, when i got the car, the oil dip stick hole was taped and plugged with a bolt. i'll figure out how to get a dip stick back in there but untill then i was just wondering as long as my oil pressure is good then i got oil. thnkas

·
Registered
195 Posts
^^ The previous owner may have been trying to prevent the dipstick blowing out due to crankcase pressure, check the pcv hoses for clogs to make sure that finding isn't a bandaid solution for other problems. If the previous owner was having problems with dipstick blowout and just plugged the dipstick hole, you could end up blowing seals if the pressure buildup is great enough.

(and by pressure buildup i don't mean oil pressure, i mean crankcase pressure, so don't rely on the oil pressure gauge to keep you safe)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts